When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think of my "Stealth" custom PAM 212?

RWG Technical

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!!! Rob, your driving me crazy! and giving me plenty of ideas! Great work! I can't wait to see the finished product

with the suggested red color on the tip!

Waiting for the pics!

That looks great The Zigmeister!! I'm more of the yellow AP EOD in taste for this...rather than the Breitling BS red. The BS red looks fantastic...but creates a more "in your face" look which is part of the Bling appeal of the Breitling line in general.

The yellow on a small chrono seconds hand even though more of a bright contrast to the red, I think matches the stealth mode more.

It really does look quite nice!!

What a Nero Beauty! :)

212 having a 1950 case, the subtle final touch of red I feel will complete this "phantom" is an application of red paint over the "1950" font.

Why you may ask? Abeit this being a stealth piece, I would still want to command a tat attention from afar. Akin to a Red Submariner or DRSD, the red fonts implicate "instantaneous" recognition.

That's what I would do anyways.

Great stuff The Zigmeister!

What a Nero Beauty! :)

212 having a 1950 case, the subtle final touch of red I feel will complete this "phantom" is an application of red paint over the "1950" font.

Why you may ask? Abeit this being a stealth piece, I would still want to command a tat attention from afar. Akin to a Red Submariner or DRSD, the red fonts implicate "instantaneous" recognition.

That's what I would do anyways.

Great stuff The Zigmeister!

+1 painting the '1950' red would look sweet

EDIT: Not that the watch doesn't look sweet to begin with... Great work zig

Edited by spider87

I think the Red 1950 is a great idea! That and the tip of the chrono hand would make a great statement for a 'prototype' stealth watch. Plus, you have the hands steady enough to do it. If you can lume a 196 you can do anything!

Has me thinking about my 212. If it wasn't for the synthetic sapphire (aka mineral crystal) I would wear the thing all the time.

Well...it seems as if I have some work to do.

I'll do the tip of the hand red, and the "1950" red as well, thinking that a bright red similar to DSRD would be the correct match for the black colour.

I'll post pics when I am done.

Thanks again everyone, and to note, the same thing can be done to any other watch...

RG

How about just a real thin sliver of red, or maybe blue to go with the lume, up the chrono hand? Or maybe on the secs hand. I think a real thin sliver would look better than a tip or a whole hand, think the whole hand would take away too much from an amazing watch!

Top work Ziggy, if you wanna sell it there is definate home for it here in Scotland!! :p

Brilliant!

Just the tip of the chrono sec hand I think. Red stiching in the strap would have made it. I have seen these straps with coloured stiching and it works a treat. Don't know if I can find a shot. I'll have a look.

EDIT: Yep. Here we go. On a PO. Can't remember who's pic this is to give credit. Chime in if it's yours.

DSCN2364web.jpg

Col.

Firstly, fantastic job R, what a frickin' beauty :drool:

Secondly, now whilst RED is a favourite colour of mine, I beg you please DON'T DO IT!!!! :o

There's only one scheme in which to highlight this watch - I'll give you a visual clue ;)

pam332logo.jpg

If you don't fancy attempting to recreate the 332 design exactly (bar the lume and the blue 'tachymeter') then I say paint the running secs hand and either the tip (first try) or entire chrono hand in that lovely shade of OP azzuro

Firstly, fantastic job R, what a frickin' beauty :drool:

Secondly, now whilst RED is a favourite colour of mine, I beg you please DON'T DO IT!!!! :o

There's only one scheme in which to highlight this watch - I'll give you a visual clue ;)

pam332logo.jpg

If you don't fancy attempting to recreate the 332 design exactly (bar the lume and the blue 'tachymeter') then I say paint the running secs hand and either the tip (first try) or entire chrono hand in that lovely shade of OP azzuro

Oh man, what to do...what to do... :huh:

I have this paint in almost the exact same colour and looking at your picture I am very tempted to do it this way...I can paint the seconds hand and also the chrono subdial. I have to do some thinking on this one.

RG

Hey all, I am fairly versed in photoshop so I decided to do the mod I think The Zigmeister was after....give me some direction if you want to see other ideas...a nice deep red looks HOT...especially with the lume over it to keep it consistent...

Thoughts?

red%20hand.jpg