When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think of my "Stealth" custom PAM 212?

RWG Technical

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the majority are using silk screening the same as the dial printing is done. Easy to control when you have everything set up and automatic.

The Stylo pen is sold by Tritec, basically a syringe that is controlled by pressure and works like a cake icing applicator.

RG

Gotcha, and excuse my igorance but why don't you or other modders use the pen applicator? I assume it doesn't work weel when going over old lume just for applying fresh stuff?

Gotcha, and excuse my igorance but why don't you or other modders use the pen applicator? I assume it doesn't work weel when going over old lume just for applying fresh stuff?

Rex on Geek has bought a Stylus Pen from RC, used I think and at a good price.

Besides the cost of the unit ($2500 or so new), you have to mix up and leave the lume to stabilize for hours, then once you apply the lume with the pen, you have to clean out and flush out each and every piece that has come into contact with the lume, and I don't think it will produce a better finish that I do with my hand applications.

If you had a factory set up where you were applying dots to dials for hours on end, the Stylo pen is for you. If your doing as I do, a dial here and there, it's just not worth the hassle... I think the pen is probably ok for plain round dots, doing saussage I think it would be hard to get consistant and nice results. I say this based on my hands on experience and what it takes to get it looking as I do...

RG

Rob I think it looks great as it is... it has a very stelathy look. If you add colour you will make sort of a bold statement which although it will work it will also remove this stealthy look.. Check the SInn U1 photos above.. they could have added red like their ss version but they didnt ;)

Well done.

Red is definitely out, yeach, it just doesn't do anything for me...

Blue, but maybe only on the large seconds hand, and the blue shade will vary depending on the angle being viewed at.

I have to get home so I can get cracking with my torch :)

Thanks for the pictures, excellent way to see the results.

RG