When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How many fans of the Zenith Flyback Rainbow?

By-Tor

Yeah, the standard stuff and usual blues: No way make accurate spacing for El Primero-powered watch, etc. But would the Tricompax 7750 be that far off?

I don't think so. At least not disturbingly so.

Having a 7750 version would be much better than having no version at all.

zenith.jpg

Here's some guy's lucky wrist wearing the Rainbow.

89115509.jpg

So... am I the only one who fancies this watch?

I like this alot. I don't like it as much as the new Chronomasters or the vintage Zenith stuff, but I like it more than the defy stuff. I wish they'd make a 45mm chronomaster xxt already, and I wish they'd do the 1955 vintage pieces as well.

This flyback is a rare beauty though. I think the colors if they were released in contemporary times should be more bold. I don't like a blue that mixes with red, yellow, and green unless it's got an electric color to it. Otherwise, I'd vote for a neon orange to fill the spectrum out a bit. Also, if it's a rainbow, let me as for a violet shade. my .02

I like this alot. I don't like it as much as the new Chronomasters or the vintage Zenith stuff, but I like it more than the defy stuff. I wish they'd make a 45mm chronomaster xxt already, and I wish they'd do the 1955 vintage pieces as well.

This flyback is a rare beauty though. I think the colors if they were released in contemporary times should be more bold. I don't like a blue that mixes with red, yellow, and green unless it's got an electric color to it. Otherwise, I'd vote for a neon orange to fill the spectrum out a bit. Also, if it's a rainbow, let me as for a violet shade. my .02

I guess make that our $.02... you said it perfectly!!

Love it. The 7753 would be perfect and of course they have a A7750 ebauche for that now so the rep would be no problem. the date closness to the rehaut is partly a function of case size. Also a 2892/4 would work - DD module with some creative section placement. Yeah, yeah I know I'm beating a drum, but why not use this thread as well to tell the facteories how much we need them to either:

1. Build on the 2892 clone (and start using it alot) by making all the modules (2891,93,94,95,96,97) so we can have literally EVERY other complicated and non-complicated watch ever made repped practically. For the noobs, the ebauches (and/or modules) I named above cover a full perpetual calendar, GMT's, big dates, sweep seconds, seconds at 6, seconds at 3, date at 3, date at 6, date at 4:30, chronograph, & PR display.

2. At the very least rep the chronomodule to be fit on the 2892 so we at least have a 2894. They can then make a few placements with seconds at 3 and seconds at 9 and a few date placement variations as well.

Didn't mean at all to hijack here. It's just whenever I see reps with different movement issues it reminds me how many of those issues could be solved with the 2892 mods. That they already have the base Seagull just sitting around kills me, and it is a great movement for starters.

The layouts of the 7750/53 are limiting due to the construction of the movements and as such we are literally running out of runway with those. In short, it isn't easy to move stuff around depending on the watch. With the 2892 variants we could literally have thousands of new reps including working, Swiss quality high end stuff like calendars, big dates, etc. Think of the possiblilities....

I'd say the Gaytona is more a statement of bad taste and a watch in rainbow colors is more a statement of gayness (OR a statement of being really fcukin cool&fancy, but then it has to fit the rest of your outfit) :p

Edited by slay

dude, aren't you ever gonna stop with this, noone wants this gay looking watch

j/k ;)

well the all black one is not bad either , thogh not as much as the rainbow ;)

I only wish they would start with some thing and then work our way from there

post-2882-1236536511_thumb.jpg

cheers

I don't really get what is so gay about the rainbow.I think it is very masculine in every way. Plus as was mentioned there is always they colorless version. If you want something a little more limp - although at the core an amazing timepiece, might I suggest 42MM of deluxe swishyness by way of the BreGAY Marine Chronograph High Jewlery...

5829BB_Marine_Chrono_Baguettes_pub_.jpg

...even more feminine with a stingray strap...

breguet_image_574226.jpg

I don't really get what is so gay about the rainbow.

I guess Ween said it best:

"Many colors in the homo rainbow

Don't be afraid to let your colors shine

Many colors in the homo rainbow

Show me yours. I'm gonna show you mine"

:D

Some say the Gays ruined the rainbow for the rest of us...

Why do you think the University of Hawaii sports teams are now known simply as the "Warriors" instead of the "Rainbow Warriors" as they used to be?

:D

I have no problem with anyone's sexuality, just a humorous topic to me...

If the factories could rep the El Primero's sub dial spacing, do you realize the range of great reps they could do? Here is a short list.

1. Zenith rainbow (as By-Tor states at the beginning of this thread)

2. Zenith Deluca

3. Movado Datron HS-360

4. Concord Pressario

5. Ebel 1911

6. Rolex 16520 Daytona

And, all the variations thereof. Heck, if they did a version that was hand wound, they could do an even better looking Omega Speedy Pro since the subdial spacing would be closer. Of course, I have always said that I would settle for a faux-chrono version of any one of these provided that its build quality and detail were good. I know, I'm dreaming since I have no idea of what it takes to copy a simple watch, never mind a complex chronograph movement. I guess I'm just doing like Robbie G and listing some wanted watches in the hopes that someone in the biz will take notice.

Cheers B)