When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V2 Skyland Black Steel price drop

andreww

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. Good deals.

Hmmmm...what are the odds the new ceramic IWC is going to go half price? ;)

I would guess it to be really good after a while. Especially considering that thing appears to be the Yugo of watch replicas when it comes to the reliability department. I have seen too many movement complaints on that one to get warm and fuzzy about buying one.

I would guess it to be really good after a while. Especially considering that thing appears to be the Yugo of watch replicas when it comes to the reliability department. I have seen too many movement complaints on that one to get warm and fuzzy about buying one.

True. I just want one ceramic rep in the stables. I'm not a big fan of the Top Gun branding though. Too much Tom Cruise to have on one's wrist...not enough Kelly McGillis. :p

Just pretend you are Iceman instead! Don't do Goose though, we like having you around too much to lose you!

If you did do Goose we could say (in our best Meg Ryan voice):

Toadtorrent - Ya big Stud! Take me to bed or lose me forever!

(queue Kenny Loggins music)

@by-tor...geeeez...that gorgeous panda of yours for $278?!...i just saw that...

heads for the panda, tails for the blacksteel!...

naw -- gonna buy the blacksteel...thinkin it could be a rarer find...

and since Ebel's aren't as popular (yet!), i can always get a Discovery later...and am still torn on the panda and the all black Discovery...gives me more time to decide...

@andreww...thanks for the notice on this... :cc_detective:

i ordered mine last nite!...

@By-Tor...completely ignoring your price reduction comment on the Ebel Discovery... :unsure: i need to add the Discovery to my April/May orders!...

Has anyone looked into the various options of black/red straps for this?...in various price-points?...i love the one Lani has, but am not sure i can spring for that now....hmmmmm...gotta figure the strap thing out now...Blacksteel will be in the air soon...

R-

I know it has been confirmed in another thread, but I wanted to pop back in and confirm that I received mine and it is the correct watch. Service from Hont was great, no issues on the watch. I do have issues with my postal service as it took four days to travel 30 miles to my house from the local large sorting center.

Thanks Andreww for the heads up. This is a real beauty, almost makes me wish I had got one sooner, except for the price thing.

mine arrived from hont yesterday, and i am floored. This by far the best out of the box rep to date!

Sorry Nebakanezzar... It looks great... but The Skylands have the bezel screw issue, with threaded screws falling out of the unthreaded bezel... i don't know if this is the best rep out of box to date.....

.. i give that honor to the skyland's first cousin and biggest influence: the one and only Superocean Steelfish

IMG_1794.jpg

Just a quick word of caution re latest flood of the AS Blacksteel reps. It appears that after the price has dropped considerably in the last few weeks, a BS maker is unable to keep with demand (this statement is supported by one of the dealers I keep in touch freequantly) and the QC standards have dropped considerably.

I've been hearing about even worse lumed dials with more than 4-5 dots badly applied, movement stopping for no apparent reasons (I thought rep makers have dealt with this issue already...obviously not), chrono pushers not engaging, bezel "screws" falling out, chrono hands falling off, chrono register hand at 6 o'clock register spinning continuously, inconsistent chrono pusher lengths...you name it, it's there. Normaly you'd expect these sort of things to be still there, let's face it we're dealing with reps, but the issues I mentioned above are usually few and far between these days.

Here's a couple of pictures from the latest batch of "cheap" V2 Blacksteels (from HBB maker), that I received from a source who wishes to remain anonimous. Both watches are from the same batch, made by same people.

Check the pushers length differences on these two, the pushers length on the second is even greater than on "standard" V1/V3 Blacksteels...also check the spinning 6 o'clock chrono register on the first picture.

Not trying to stir sh$t here, just aluding to that old "buyer beware"...and in case of Skylands and Blacksteels ALWAYS go with the dealer who will show you the photos of the watch you've paid for...;-)

I for one would go extra distance and pay a l ittle more to avoid that "OMG WTF have I just received" reaction after opening the parcel from a dropshipper.

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

cheers,

babola

Mine arrived safe and well from Hont, happily none of the problems listed, the lume dots could be better but you need magnification to see that really. The movement probably needs an oil but I work on the basis that all asian movements need that so I'm not surprised or disappointed.

Overall I'm very very impressed with the build quality, I really struggle to see the difference between this and my genuine Chrono Avenger titanium without using the loupe.

My only gripe is the strap is slightly too thick for the buckle. Is that a common problem? I'm guessing the genuine is softer rubber.

Mine arrived safe and well from Hont, happily none of the problems listed, the lume dots could be better but you need magnification to see that really. The movement probably needs an oil but I work on the basis that all asian movements need that so I'm not surprised or disappointed.

Overall I'm very very impressed with the build quality, I really struggle to see the difference between this and my genuine Chrono Avenger titanium without using the loupe.

My only gripe is the strap is slightly too thick for the buckle. Is that a common problem? I'm guessing the genuine is softer rubber.

That's great news, mate. BTW have you checked the bezel screws yet?

The strap issue is the same as with the gen, slightly too wide for the buckle, although the gen is a tad softer, but not much. Lani and some others managed to sand off the sides of the strap to fit the buckle better.

Any pics of the dial?

cheers!