When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealing with a guy from Germany...

Jos Nana

Dear fellow Friends...

A German client of mine bought a 7753 daylight along with the boxset.. I shipped seperately .. Watch arrived ok.. Boxset via registered airmail arrived and was detained by customs. Some admin matters was said to be required and finally he was asked to sign a letter to reject the package and have it returned.

Now this client is pushing me everyday with long essays that he is convinced that the package is seized and I need to despatch a replacement boxset immediately based on implied goodwill....how much he has spent, how I need to protect my reputation or he will annouce to the world that I shortchange him and his ability to smear my name..... in Demanding Tone.

I have promised right from the beginning ..

1. If the package is return.. When I received it...I will, at my expense send it to him again to another name and address..

2. If the package is seized .. he will received a letter from customs for sure.. Copy me this letter , I will send a replacement to another name and address... Also I told him its 1 x replacement only .. Further mishaps .. I cannot cover further..

Now.. As of today ..I have not got the return package.. It is complete out of my hands ... and its not my fault if German Customs take ages to sort out his package...Also he has not got any letter to show proof to me that the package is seized..

I suggest to him to find out more info with Germany Postal system or Customs.. Instead he prefers to write essays to me demanding a replacement be sent right away or else he will do this and he will do that ... I am out of sorts with him.. Some people just seems so hard to please..

I think I have been more than fair to him .. and have extended goodwill in my promises stated above.. A replacement is out of goodwill .. not out of responsiblity...

No Intenet dealer/vendor has any control over any country customs...The responsibility of customs is actually that of the buyer cos he is the importer of the goods... No one force anybody to buy a knock off watch from the internet.. .. I am merely extending all these extraordinary services to cover for customs/losses based on percentages .. 100 packs sent. I have 1 or 2 seizures.. Its ok.. Overall picture looks good.. If 100 packs ..20 to 30 get seized.. ... This business will fold and something needs to be done..

Thank you for your ears ...Just need to get this off my chest..

Thanks

joshua

One question; Can the package be returned?

That is that should the postal system or customs decide to send it back is the return address a valid one?

Ken

Return addy is valid.. As for when, how, whether it will be return.. I do not know cos I do not control german customs/postal service.. He should be the one finding out this info...

There is no proof for seizure from him.. Every seizure in every country will accompany with a letter to the importer.. This for sure I know is required under world customs..

joshua

Thanks for the post joshua. I hope you feel a little better getting this off your chest. One thing for sure, you have the respect and trust of the members here at RWG and other rep forums. Thats because you always try to help your clients. I know this to be a fact as do many others. Hope this is resolved soon. :) Mike

I have in the past had 3 Customs "Hold" (Thailand) alway's with a registered letter to my mail service (so I don't have to put my signature on anything)

the letter states "improper invoice" and a notice that if I do not contact Customs within 30 day's the item will be sent back to it's origin..

the tracking in the US will just show "Inbounds into Customs".. nothing else..

the letter by registered mail is SOP and the recipient WILL recieve it.. I alway's choose not to respond and show proof of the letter...

the dealer has alway's recieved the merchandise back

so without the letter the merchandise will not be with Customs.. the tracking will show the normal "out bounds from Customs" and "Delivered"

Sorry to hear about your difficulty Joshua, unfortunately it's part of the game we all have to play when we ship to different countries. The last watch I shipped went to a military base in Germany USPS which I've been told by the purchaser was unlikely to have any problems. Just wondering if it helps to send the "product" in a box from something else like a very small light fixture?

Sorry to hear about your troubles josh and don't let him get to you. As everyone else has said if he comes to any of the forums piping off about you I'll be the first one to slam him down.

Good luck and I hope in the end he stops being an a-hole and lets things happen as they happen.

There is no proof for seizure from him.. Every seizure in every country will accompany with a letter to the importer.. This for sure I know is required under world customs..

joshua

THIS IS NOT TRUE AT ALL!!!

I have had 2 parcels lost in Belgium Customs: both times NO letter from customs. It was just on the tracking info.

I have had 1 parcel of 8 watches lost to Dutch customs: no letter was sent. Seizure was verified through the shipping company, not by customs.

Sometimes the customs don't send out letters. Saves them administration time probably.

Usually ,the customs won't so strict with the boxset . Do the customer send you the copy of customs seized ?

I think this is the difficulty problem for most of the dealers . Actually ,when our customer order the watches from us , we did told them that they are replica ,not genuine . If that ,we should share the risk of customs ,right ?

But when the package is seized , 90% of the customers ask replacemeng or refund ,not other reason. If we don't do that , they will spread worldwide that the dealer is a scamers .In my opinion ,it is better to find a solution to fix the problem than to complaint or others . We should do business on the basic of mutual understand .