When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In case of Emergency.... :)

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Some pics i took of something new.... enjoy!

em1.jpg

em2.jpg

A wristie... or two:

em3.jpg

em4.jpg

A PAM comparo:

em5.jpg

em6x.jpg

AR coatings:

em7.jpg

And some with correct theme :)

pl1h.jpg

pl2.jpg

pl3i.jpg

pl4.jpg

I know it is titanium which I never liked... it is weird.... and what is more it is QUARTZ!!.... but somehow I love it!

Thanks for looking!

Guest Sql_pl

First moment that got me into thinking emergency might be usable was when I got lost with my friend in the mountains in Italy this february... unbelievable fog, it was snowing like hell, no other skiers, and we went to the extreme top of our mountain.... we could not find the track so we went off the track somehow, the snow was so deep we could not ski... crazy! That was the first time I got into real trouble while skiing.

First moment that got me into thinking emergency might be usable was when I got lost with my friend in the mountains in Italy this february... unbelievable fog, it was snowing like hell, no other skiers, and we went to the extreme top of our mountain.... we could not find the track so we went off the track somehow, the snow was so deep we could not ski... crazy! That was the first time I got into real trouble while skiing.

So did you use it? Is it the same one that sends an emergency beacon/gps signal type? How do you actually use this feature.....unscrew the cap and press some button?

I am afraid there is no rep of emergency available anywhere.

Thought so....very nice watch indeed

Guest Sql_pl

I did not have it back then so I did not use it.

We climbed up the hill to get back on the correct track... one hour climb in ski boots and skis carried on the shoulder... with snow and fog around... not a nice adventure but definately some memories.

Yes this is the watch with an emergency beacon emitting SOS on 121.5 MHz Frequency.

Guest Sql_pl

"In Feb 2009 the SARSAT satellite system will stop satellite based monitoring of 121.5 (and 243 for that matter) Mhz frequencies & only monitor the 406Mhz freq.. However, the 121.5 frequency will only stop being monitored from satellite resources. Ground resources or air based (such as commercial aircraft) will still be able to monitor it."

Guest carlsbadrolex

That is one great watch you have there! I owned one several years ago when I was rather in to boating. Unfortunately, it was stolen. I contacted Breitling and if it ever goes in to be reset, I will get it back. I still have the full case kit around here somewhere...

you mean like one of the crazy features on one of the watches we all covet has a practical use? say it ain't so?

i thought i was the only one not diving to 3000 feet :) with my steelfish