When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PO Correct Sub Dials

lanikai

Great pics as usual. Too bad I can't pull this one off with my tiny wrists....

IMO the stock AR looks more gen than Chief's. I like the blue hue :black_eye::lol:

again you are correct RM.. but this blue is more like a "mirror" blue and not the "absorbant" blue of the genuine .. Chief did say at one time that he was going to do an AR run to match the genuine AR's .. that would be cool as I am a fan of some of the AR's having that "transparent" blue hue maself... B)

the rubber strap makes the case seem smaller though.. the ss bracelet just enlarges it.. but it took a few hours of frustration to get the bracelet to stay.. and now to swap it back to the rubber.. fogetaboutit !! -_-

arminvanbuuren Posted Today, 12:19 AM

cant u just transplant the logo? i mean silix sells the upo dial with the correct logo.. get that and swap the logo.. how bout that?? would work no?

that could work if you could accomplish it with such a micro piece of metal... without any "tells".. ie. glue marks scrathes etc.

I have a rep dial or two laying around somewhere .. perhaps you would like to try your hand at taking down the feet on the emblem whilst still on the dial then transferring it to another dial..??

@morlock ... thanks man... a 42 mm would be perfect all around !!!

The logo from the silix dial pops right out... as does the one on the upo dial... it's a direct swap with just a dab of glue on the backside of the dial to hold the logo in place... feet spacing is the same...

Obviously, no one has checked this dial yet but with it having the same logo, i would say it's 80-90% likely that uses the same construction and therefore, it's plug n play...

Great watch and a fantastic write up and pictures, thanks for sharing Lani! :)

I will probably invest in a no date speedmaster rep, Snoopy award anyone!? ^_^

thanks again Mickey !!

wonder what the "line up" will be for this movement .. it's still running spot on !! the rotor is noisy and I'm sure that will "become" an issue after the excitement of the sub dial spacing is calmed down.. but for me.. it's all "Good" :D

Lani-

Great shots. Mine is on its way from Trusty. Cant wait to get it on my wrist. BTW - in person, how bad is the "sunken datewheel" ? Also, is the datewindow beveled? I thought the gen had a beveled date window.

Lani-

Great shots. Mine is on its way from Trusty. Cant wait to get it on my wrist. BTW - in person, how bad is the "sunken datewheel" ? Also, is the datewindow beveled? I thought the gen had a beveled date window.

thank you T

the DW is DEEP.. no way around that one, with the mods to the movement .. the DW on the rep is not beveled.. I'm not trying to minimize it.. but the D wheel is black, so it kinda hides the depth .. a"little" and the bevel is not really noticable.. it may be I'm focusing on the sub spacing :p

Hmmm....what happens if you were able to throw in an ETA 7750....problem solved ?!?!?

A Swiss 7750 would still have the same problem, as the transfer gears to move the subdial from the 12 position, to the 3 position get in the way of the date disk, there is no way around this physical problem :(

Isnt there a swiss ETA 3,6,9 subdials? Why wouldnt that work?

A Swiss movement with 3,6,9 config is a 7750 with the 12>3 subdial transfer gears. Or there is the Swiss 7753 movement, both of which have subdials spaced further apart than the modified A7750 movement used here....

There is no Asian cloned 7753 movement, so that is a non starter for subdial relocation/modification, although the 7753 does not have the recessed date wheel, due to it having a natural 3,6,9 config.....

Cheers! B)

Maybe throw some type of mag underneath the date window then, huh?

Or try and construct a "two tier" date wheel consisting of two date wheels, connected together at the outer edges of the lower date wheel, to stay clear of the transfer gears, in doing so you would have the gears sitting in between the two date wheels, and the date would be raised, but maybe too far?.......

Picture borrowed from Rolexman:

369a7750341.png

All of this of course is not even considering what extra gears will have been added to the movement, to move the subdial's closer together, as the above picture is from a standard 7750 with the 3,6,9 transfer gears....

R, did it take on damage when it popped off your wrist? I hope not man.

Your photographs are such a treat, really. You get so much more "feel" for what the piece might be like when the detail is captured at that magnitude.

If more people were as cooled out as you, this world would be a better place dude.

Oh, so.. does that complete the collection? Lan doesnt have a watchbox, he has a watch cellar. er.. Watch Room? Watch Gallery? Club? :welcomeani:

A Swiss movement with 3,6,9 config is a 7750 with the 12>3 subdial transfer gears. Or there is the Swiss 7753 movement, both of which have subdials spaced further apart than the modified A7750 movement used here....

There is no Asian cloned 7753 movement, so that is a non starter for subdial relocation/modification, although the 7753 does not have the recessed date wheel, due to it having a natural 3,6,9 config.....

Cheers! B)

Mickey, you're forgetting the best ETA 3-6-9 chrono... the gorgeous 2894, a modified version of which sits in my Aquagraph.

Or try and construct a "two tier" date wheel consisting of two date wheels, connected together at the outer edges of the lower date wheel, to stay clear of the transfer gears, in doing so you would have the gears sitting in between the two date wheels, and the date would be raised, but maybe too far?.......

Take a look at the pictures in Francisco's review of the movement HERE. Even if you could construct a dual layer date wheel the upper plate of the movement modification would prevent you from using it. Cool idea but I think we are locked into the sunken date with this modification. Maybe the next version 8)

• 2 months later...
the key for us is is it durable ? and "improved" over the seconds @6 timebombs.. :rolleyes:

I read Francisco's outstanding review of the modded movement and the answer on the 'improved' question seems to be a cautiously optimistic 'YES'. So in the middle of June 2009, is it too early to ask what the informed consensus is, with respect to reliability and durability?

I expect I'm going to pull the trigger on this either way...

• 5 months later...

OK so this mod has been around for a while now, any opinions? Im getting ready to ptt on this thing.(christmas present) ;) But before I do I was hoping to hear what some members (Lanikai?) thought of this modified movement. If anyone can share there experences with this movement It would be much a appreciated, thanks In advance. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

The logo from the silix dial pops right out... as does the one on the upo dial... it's a direct swap with just a dab of glue on the backside of the dial to hold the logo in place... feet spacing is the same...

Obviously, no one has checked this dial yet but with it having the same logo, i would say it's 80-90% likely that uses the same construction and therefore, it's plug n play...

You're right on the Silix Logo. It popped out easy and slipped in to my 42mm 4th gen with no problem. My guess is the spacing is the same. That being said it's a pain in the butt to remove all those hands and recase for such a tiny improvement. Now if I could fix that date sinker at the same time I'd buy one in a NY second.

Here's my 42mm with the flat feet: Sorry for the poor photo but I've still got work to do on a watch.

post-216-126050991038_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello to all!

and thanks for POWERMAX!!!

im news here, i would like to get some advice from the expertes in this forum,

first i need to know if someone have any feedback on sinowatches dot com i m thinking to buy :

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono Best Version,

so i seached online and i found this useful topic, i live in spain so if any one know trusted very good R. watches k, kindly send me the link, or any advice will be great.

and i wanna know your opinion, witsh one you like more

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono Best Version or

Rolex Milgauss

i saw both on sinowatches dot com web

Thnks in advance