When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UN MMD Pics

lazarini

Hey all,

this is my new Gen pickup it came today so far im really loving it... posting some wrist shots and a lume shot (best lume i ever saw blows my gen Rollies out of the water)...

This is dedicated to all of you and specially RobbieG ... wherever you are my friend may u be in good health, looking forward to see u back here soon.

mmd4.jpg

mmd5.jpg

mmd7.jpg

For reference this watch is 42.7mm in diameter but does not wear big due to really short lugs, this makes it comfy and sitting much nicer on the wrist. FYI my wrist is cca 18cm around 7.2inch making this a perfect size IMHO for me.

The LUME is a MONSTER seriously i have heard that its good but did not expect that this just blows ure mind. Watch charged on the balcony while i made the wristies (no artificial light charging used)...

mmd9.jpg

Compared to my Gen SUB all do this shot is not really a right example since it was taken at a lover light and different time:

sub8.jpg

Compared to Swiss 2893-2 Watchdog edition C3/C1 Lume on my Pam 029 (same time and setup as the UN shoot):

10.jpg

As u can see the SUB (2008 model) has the "worse" lume :D hehe not really see the comment before the sub pic, note SUB is clearly legible all through the night. Watchdog lume is as we all know superb and on par with the SUB but in the night becomes darker then the sub still can be read at any stage without problems. The UN lume is in a league of its own ... the strength of it is amazing :o ... i will comment the night legibility at a later stage....

EDIT: so i checked the lume of UN during the night and it remains to be amazingly strong :o without a doubt the strongest of the watches i have.

Finally a video (sorry for the folks in office talking) ... took in HD version u can see it in better quality

be sure to click the HD button at the bottom of the video ;)

Back from Spain again ;)

Congrats to you Saso my friend to reach 2000 Post

and for your new gen beauty ;)

I know you enjoy it really much

D. my dear m8 cheers, yes im really loving this one to the point i can forgive it not being a Rolex ;)

:wub: That video really adds another dimension to the pictures. If you get a chance, could you take a comparison photo with a Submariner? Interested to see how they wear on the wrist together!

Agree! Pictures are pictures but video will give u some other ideas on how this watch looks. Ill keep the SUB - MMD size/wrist comparison in mind and do some pictures... maybe even a video ;)

fantastic

but, i have a feeling that the rep is coming out this summer. :) at least i really really hope

I hope you are right and more people can enjoy the MMD!

thats one hell of a sexy watch and that lume shot..... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

can I be nosy and ask how much you paid for a beauty like that? :)

Not at all i dropped 3.2k Euro (shipping and insurance included)... My AD wants 5500Euro for it on rubber or 6200Euro on Bracelet... With some negotiations i been offered the one on rubber for 4950Euro (cash Payment)... that's the one they had in stock... I was picky in what i wanted (Rhodium/Grey Dial on Bracelet) and have waited 6 months for the right deal...

I was once offered a good deal 3 months ago but watch was on the rubber... (i wanted bracelet) after calling my AD and they telling me the Bracelet costs 1260 euro :o i drooped that idea...

Laz I am jealous. Great pics and watch wear it well. Be sure you comment on the rep that is coming, because we know it is.

I do hope someone from the members i know will get one and send it for comparison review... would make an interesting article.

Incredible pickup mate. You know how I feel about this one.

If the 233 hadn't come my way, this would be on MY wrist. :)

Indeed u see folks this was going one way or the other to a good home ;) Cheers m8. :)

Regards Laz