When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken VCO

exeekias

Hi,

I posted this on RWI a couple days ago, and I don't normally cross-post things, but Chieftang suggested I post it here as well, so here goes. I figure maybe some of you might be interested but don't read RWI. Hope you like it.

Here's my franken VC Overseas project.

It started life as the "non-Silix" eta version, the one without AR. The watch now has the following mods:

-Gen dial and hands (hour & minute hands, the second hand is still the rep)

-ETA 7750 date wheel (per this post: http://www.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewt...=54&t=51615)

-Chief AR

It took a while to get it all done and put back together, but...well, you all can judge the result. I'm happy. Now on to the eyecandy:

I just had to pick up a gen box for this one, so here's the finished watch in its new home:

vco01.jpg

I also got a catalog:

vco02.jpg

vco03.jpg

Here are some shots showing off the awesome AR from Chieftang:

vco04.jpg

vco05.jpg

vco06.jpg

vco07.jpg

A wristie:

vco08.jpg

I finally was able to take a halfway decent lume shot:

vco09.jpg

And last: a before and after pic. The rep dial isn't bad at all, but it really looks very different than the gen when they are side by side.

vco10.jpg

Big thanks go to d4m, ar0401 for his help and advice in doing the dial mod, and to Chieftang for the awesome AR. Thanks guys!

Congrats on the VCO Franken. It came out beautifully. Wear that one well. Come by occasionally and you may even see a couple more in the next few weeks with a couple of tweaks including VC's date font. ;) A couple of us have been sitting on these dials for some time and yours is just the inspiration to get us up off our butts and do this.

Thanks very much kruzer. I read this forum a lot, I just don't post here much B)

I would love to see you guys finish your projects, especially one with the VC date font. I'd love to hear the details on that: the 7750 date wheel was the closest thing I could think of, and that mod was kind of a PITA.

Thanks! I got it off ebay, 100ish. That's not the box the gen overseas usually comes in though.

The real overseas box looks more like a toiletry bag.

Very beautiful. I am just about to order the white version.

Now seriously reconsidering it for the black one.

May I know where you get your gen box from? and how much?

I am interested in getting one too.

Thanks

I am new, but purchased my first MM20 from Davidsen a few weeks ago. Next on my list is the lovely watch you have posted. I going to purchase a base model and turn into something similar to yours. But I have no idea wherer to start. But looking at yours gives me the motivation to just take the plung and ask questions. Hopefully, mine will be as good as yours.

tony