When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A New Job, Finally.

thomasng

Well, I've got a new job finally after being laid off for about 2 months.

I'm going to be an investment advisor and analyst at Coutts and Co. Private Bank at the head office in London.

I'm going to start on January 10th, 2007.

My new salary will be just over £125,000 annually, what I used to make. There will also be a chance for bonuses with good performace I am told. It's going to be a 9am-6pm job, and I will be busy even after work, having to answer calls from clients.

Looks like luck is finally coming my way again. :Jumpy:

Thanks V.

Now I have to go look for a flat and get my fiancee a visa (shouldn't be too hard considering she has an EU Portuguese passport).

House prices/rents and cost of living are the only downside of London. But then again the salaries are 30% more than the rest of the UK...

congrats !!!!!!!!

its a very well paying job you've got

Gerco

Ahem Admin, you might want to keep your free flowing information "buttoned up" once you start playing with other peoples money. Brits are usually reserved types? unless this has changed?

Seriously, you talk too much about very private matters.

Congrats anyway !!

Ahem Admin, you might want to keep your free flowing information "buttoned up" once you start playing with other peoples money. Brits are usually reserved types? unless this has changed?

Seriously, you talk too much about very private matters.

Congrats anyway !!

Congrats Admin,

but be careful :busted_cop: . You don't have to be inspector Clouseau to pinpoint you without any problem based on the info you gave. Advise : edit

Gerco

Admin, firstly let me say I'm happy for you that you've had some good news finally.

One thing I would say though, more out of concern, is why you feel it necessary to divulge such detailed personal information? :blink: Please be careful....

BTW, talking about salaries especially without being asked is seen as EXTREMELY bad form in England/London/even the City, whether you're a secretary or a director - take a tip ;)

Not so much that we're reserved, it's just considered terribly vulgar and talking like that will guarantee you being thought of as a [censored], even and especially amongst your colleagues (behind your back of course, the English way :lol:) to whom it doesn't mean diddly squat. Remember Coutts is the Royal Family's bank and has been for generations due to their ethos of reserved and discreet dealings - maybe you should take a leaf etc. :whistling:

Paradoxically, in banking circles boasting about bonuses is pretty much de rigeur so I suggest you wait till next year then boast away :D

Good luck!