When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOSF or Seawolf SS?

Stratman

I am having the same problem - torn between the two.

I asked Guru - who has both - and he says the SFSO is better (more accurate at least, since the He-valve is a dead giveaway on the Seawolf).

I guess waterproofing will still require a watchsmith in bith cases for the peace of mind...

Problem is: I really like the Seawolf better (seems more contemporary to me, I know a lot of people don't like the new dial, but I really digg it)

I think the Seawolf on the Ocean Racer Rubber is one of the best looking watches out there ( I have a SOH which is really nice too, but less of a diver-looking watch).

Other question is the prize point: The SFSO seems to be about $100 cheaper right now (don't ask me why).

I for my part think I will wait for a Seawolf to show up on the sales forum (I have been very close several times to pull the trigger on a Steelfish, but ultimately I know I want a Seawolf).

Good luck with your quest.

E.

I wouldn't say the He valve is a dead giveaway, it's only really obvious in pictures, on the wrist you wouldn't know.

I prefer the look of the Seawolf, but I prefer the way the SOSF wears. For me the Seawolf was too bulky on my wrist.

SOSF, it has been out a while and has very good reviews, it is impossible to spot as a rep to all but the most trained eyes

I owned a gen SOSF and the rep can be spoted from 3 feet away due to the pearl. The poor lume job on the hour markers is an instand give-away too!

In regards to accuracy the Seawolf is the better choice.

I am having the same problem - torn between the two.

I asked Guru - who has both - and he says the SFSO is better (more accurate at least, since the He-valve is a dead giveaway on the Seawolf).

I guess waterproofing will still require a watchsmith in bith cases for the peace of mind...

Problem is: I really like the Seawolf better (seems more contemporary to me, I know a lot of people don't like the new dial, but I really digg it)

I think the Seawolf on the Ocean Racer Rubber is one of the best looking watches out there ( I have a SOH which is really nice too, but less of a diver-looking watch).

Other question is the prize point: The SFSO seems to be about $100 cheaper right now (don't ask me why).

I for my part think I will wait for a Seawolf to show up on the sales forum (I have been very close several times to pull the trigger on a Steelfish, but ultimately I know I want a Seawolf).

Good luck with your quest.

E.

The Ocean racer strap is either 24mm or 20mm. The lugs on the Seawolf are 22mm. So unless you are going to squeeze one on or have a gap showing it won't fit.

No one is looking at the loom for A rep. Other than elevators you never see lume.

Steelfish has raised dial features the other one your linking at is painted dial. To me that is a nice feature and enough to not get that other model which I can see the name of cause I am on my iPhone

The Ocean racer strap is either 24mm or 20mm. The lugs on the Seawolf are 22mm. So unless you are going to squeeze one on or have a gap showing it won't fit.

Thanks man I just realized. It's on the Pro Diver. Too late already bought an Ocean Racer, but it will fit my SOH.

Question though: Can you use the Pro Diver with a deployment clasp?

I could swear last time I was in an AD I saw a non-chrono Breitling on an Ocean Racer and it wasn't an SOH.

Any idea what I might have seen?

Thanks man I just realized. It's on the Pro Diver. Too late already bought an Ocean Racer, but it will fit my SOH.

I could swear last time I was in an AD I saw a non-chrono Breitling on an Ocean Racer and it wasn't an SOH.

I looked at the Breitling site and the gen can be purchased with 22mm Ocean racer but of course the gen is ultra expensive.

You could possibly buy the rubber from the ad and use the rep deployment from the 24mm one since the ends are 20mm on both.

Edited by jjenk

The Ocean Racer with deployment is available in the gen world for both the 24 and 22mm lug sizes (SOH and SOSF/Seawolf respectively).

The rep world only has the OR in the 24mm size...HOWEVER, the OR deployment is the same size, so people on the forum have successfully ordered 22mm rubber pieces from an AD (or this forum from private members selling theirs), AND the 24mm OR strap and used the buckle on the gen, smaller rubber pieces.

I second that the seawolf is a better choice, its a really impressive piece and the caseback is perfect also.

The SOSF suffers from an uber dodgy lume job (which is a big part of the SOSF dial) and always gives it away in pictures, it isn't about lume strength, its about how the gen has obvious perfect circles and large circles. On the rep; the huge circles would need to be perfect or you'd always notice them being dodgy shapes and this'd annoy you in time I imagine.

If you need anymore persuading: :D

3327963049_2e05c4f88f.jpg3466142458_12a5f7f60e.jpg

I second that the seawolf is a better choice, its a really impressive piece and the caseback is perfect also.

The SOSF suffers from an uber dodgy lume job (which is a big part of the SOSF dial) and always gives it away in pictures, it isn't about lume strength, its about how the gen has obvious perfect circles and large circles. On the rep; the huge circles would need to be perfect or you'd always notice them being dodgy shapes and this'd annoy you in time I imagine.

If you need anymore persuading: :D

3327963049_2e05c4f88f.jpg3466142458_12a5f7f60e.jpg

Nice piccies - they tell it all really - the Seawolf os a clear winner over the SOSF ......

Buy why is the Seawolf rep so expensive? Isn't it basically the same case as the Avenger Skyland but without chrono - so less additional work and parts....

Or is there something I am missing that would justify the prize apart from the hype factor?

It sucks because I LOVE it on the Ocean Racer (which obviously also is expensive).

By the way - is it just me who hates the new way RWG is showing the threads now? It takes me for ever to plow through one thread.

JUST HATE IT...