When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yet another RWG unboxing from my desk

lazarini

Open it !!!! Come on Laz, stop being so cruel and tell us already....

Anything for u my friend :)

This is my old time favorite that i neglected a bit but now i thought it was time to put things in place...

I was lusting for this piece cca 10 years ago but at that time cud not afford one for obvious reasons ;) i even managed to persuade my father to go take a look at one in a local AD but the price was outside his budget he would purchase me a watch for... in the end i got a Certina ODC I ;)

Now years and years later i said to myself its time for this to come in so i got this SMP ref 2220.80.00 Bond this is the one with the newer caliber 2500 hart that sports the Co-Axial escapement guts and the updated dial that has the marker surroundings and the Seamster text in RED ;) In a way we cod call it "Single Red Bond" heheh... it also has the new BIG HORSE back ...

Watch is in top condition and came with all accessories i must say its even nicer live im wearing this now as i type this with a nice feeling of some kind of closure and accomplishment ...

Here are some quick and dirty shoots ;)

4-6.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-1.jpg

quick wristie:

7.jpg

Cheers Laz

Thank you gents!

I handled a few gens in my time but this ranks very high on my list specially considering the prices these go for and what u get for your money!

The watch wears super comfortable and due to the fact of curved lugs... its also quite on the thin side for a "diver" this helps it slip below the shirt seamlessly.

There are minor things that they cud execute better then again not show stoppers... I will prepare a pictorial with better pics and more in depth impressions later so stay tuned...

regards Laz

Well, that is surely not my favourite watch but it fits your personality very well for sure.

I'm so happy you have it on your wrist Laz.

One should allways buy their dream watch or their dream watchessssss!

Wear it well and bring it to Brussels :D

what a beauty!!! congratz lazarini! This SM always wears so smoothly.

I agree it wears so nice first impressions i would say this is comfortable as the EXP II i have... the pocket cam did not do justice to this piece as said u need to see it live to appreciate how nice it actually is!

Real nice Laz...one of my all time fav's!

Thank you, i think a lot of people loved this watch at least at one point in their watch collection history.

Very nice :good:

Cheers m8! ;)

A classic for sure. Good stuff. Congrats and wear it well.

Will do thanks!

Well, that is surely not my favorite watch but it fits your personality very well for sure.

I'm so happy you have it on your wrist Laz.

One should always buy their dream watch or their dream watchessssss!

Wear it well and bring it to Brussels biggrin.gif

Ditto! As said this watch goes beyond the watch itself for me... its more of a personal win for me finally seeing this on my wrist... I was home this weekend and told the news to my dad (he is 75) an believe it of not he got excited more then me...

This purchase was a quick draw for me since i managed to source this at more then a decent price, thx for the HELP on this one Stephane... i cud not pull it of in such short time without ure help!

Sure ill bring it as mentioned it does look better in real life :)

regards LAZ

Great to see it came through Laz, as soon as I saw that white box, my heart started skipping faster ;)

It wears very nicely on your wrist, don't you think the bracelet is just one of the most comfortable out there?

Wear it well, glad you finally got the watch you wanted from a young age!

Nice watch and a lovely story Laz.

Thank you D. Appreciated!

Beautfiul Laz. It is a classic watch that doesn't go out of style IMO...

Plus you made Dad happy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thx, yea they dont get more classic then these, making my dad know i got this was a treat he took it as a great news like a relief he coud not spring for that one back in the days ;) a family piece for us indeed!

Great to see it came through Laz, as soon as I saw that white box, my heart started skipping faster ;)

It wears very nicely on your wrist, don't you think the bracelet is just one of the most comfortable out there?

Wear it well, glad you finally got the watch you wanted from a young age!

Hey J. Cheers m8!

Regarding the bracelet your spot on the comfort u get here is more then u pay for! If they would make this with screws would be even, better but u cant have it all right ;)

I will enjoy it that's for sure... i am wearing it from 10am this morning and it did not loose a sec yet...

LAZ

Glad you're loving your latest acquisition, congratulations laz mate! :)

Hope that it is up to your expectations (as it was for me when i got mine) ...and as b16a2 has already accurately mentioned, the bracelet really is one of the most comfortable out there... :good:

Wear it in great health!