When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For the love of Rolex

RobbieG

As most of you know I'm a big champion of Rolex watches, specifically DD's and DJ's. The perfect all around pieces for sleeves and nothing but nothing shines like Rolex steel. I never get sick of looking at DJ's and DD's so give me my fix. We haven't done a DJ/DD thread in a while, so see those pics.

I've had a DJ or DD in the box in one form or another for 15 years. They come and go, but here is the current one, a rhodium roman oyster M...

DJ10.jpg

DJ1.jpg

DJ6.jpg

DJ7.jpg

DJ3-1.jpg

...and we gotta have some wristies in here too guys!

DJmini1.jpg

DJ12.jpg

DJwrista.jpg

DJmini2.jpg

Yeah, with an oyster bracelet and domed bezel these watches become alot more flexable. They also chaged the case shape recently. They have broader "shouders" now - thicker lugs. But with the same case width and lug width. It is amazing how much such a little change has made the watch appear so much bigger.

I never cared as even the original case size (which is still with the DD btw) wears plenty big believe it or not - as long as you don't violate the cardinal rule & wear short sleves with them. Short sleves will make these look smaller. But for those who are interested, I have a 7.5" wrist which is bigger than average and as you can see from the wristies, the watch looks anything but small.

Plus, the watch shines so much more with the 904 and finish spec that were it to be any bigger it would be too loud. I'll never get over how much more shiny my Rolex watches have been than anything else because of this. Nothing shines like Rolex metal...

Thanks for all the compliments, but where are the other DJ's I requested? Post em' up boys.

That is a beautiful watch. The steel is beautiful, and those Roman numerals REALLY make it complete. You can wear that casual or with a $2K suit and it would still never look out of place. ^_^

Are the DJ and DD Rolex's water proof as all the others are? Just curious.

That is a beautiful watch. The steel is beautiful, and those Roman numerals REALLY make it complete. You can wear that casual or with a $2K suit and it would still never look out of place. ^_^

Are the DJ and DD Rolex's water proof as all the others are? Just curious.

Absolutely - although not like a SD or DS though. Not that you need that level of protection unless you are a hardcore diver anyway...

• 1 year later...