When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

End of the Week Wrist Check

dluddy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks bro. Sorry to hear about what happened to your GMT II, nice job on the Sub, would love to see how it turns out after you implement what you have planned for it :D

Thanks bro, Yeah, it's a shame about the GMT II, but, I guess that's just the way things go sometimes :) Thanks, I've just put a little 'wear and tear' on the insert to match the bracelet and crystal (being perspex, it's taken a few scuffs, which, although I could polish them out, I feel give it character :) ) Nothing major, but I got the screwdriver I'd use to change PAM straps, and simply ran it around the inside rim of the bezel, and then around touching the edge of the crystal, so there are a few hair-fine scratches on the insert to take away from that 'Box Fresh' appearance... I'll be sure to take pics of the finished project :) I think the DJ dial (I'd really prefer an AirKing dial, but couldn't get one as cheap) will make it look a bit like a Super Ocean Heritage (when on a rubber strap) but, I'm also tempted to stick a Tudor dial in to keep it as a Submariner... I think the thing I like most, is the slimline vintage case, which I just think is nicer, and less 'in your face' than a modern Sub case B)

[Edit to add]

Just a quick and dirty to show what I've done to the insert :)

DSCN1487.jpg

[Edit to add]

The photo makes the scuffs much more noticeable than they actually are with the naked eye... To the eye, they're nowhere near as noticeable or prominent. It just makes the watch look a few years old and 'well worn', rather than 'totally abused' as the photo would suggest :lol:

You know what Lani... I was just thinking what to wear today. Your pics made the decision easier.

Sometimes white Explorer II is the only choice. So this for Sunday.

IMG_8244.jpg

7a.jpg

Bringing this out..

rolexexpiigenuine020.jpg

You know what Lani... I was just thinking what to wear today. Your pics made the decision easier.

Sometimes white Explorer II is the only choice. So this for Sunday.

IMG_8244.jpg

It's funny, when I tried this one on (gen) I really didn't like it at all, it just didn't do anything for me, but, seeing you guys wearing it, it looks phenomenal :good:

I'm wearing my SUB today.

Trying to find out some posibilities with my new camera but i need a decent macro lens

BobbySUBwristyII.jpg

CloseupBobbySUBII.jpg

Carpe Diem

Cats

Cats.. you can play with your settings to get "depth of field".. stay tuned after the photo contest we'll get the experts to give out simple tips on how to best use your settings to achieve what you want.. plus white light.. etc. etc. ... may as well take advantage of the wealth of knowledge here.. a simple change of settings and you will be surpised at the results..

A~C

Lani

Wrong place and time, so no photo from me...but...I did some figirun.

If I could post my wrist shot, it would have been my Black dial 'closed factory' Seamaster Pro 300.

That being said, I tallied this threads numbers.

1. Rolex - mostly subs - total 16

2. Panerai - total - 15

3. Breitling - total - 6

4. IWC - total - 4 - (3X) 3717

5. OMEGA - total - 2

6. PP NAUTILUS - 1

7. GP - 1

Often times when I visit RG it seems as though it is really more a Pam/Breitling forum.

Interesting tally here this weekend, eh?