When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How's everyone's Blackbird treating them?

triplehd

Just read a thread on RG where the Blackbird has been problematic for some members, especially concerning the date. With the date being a huge issue, I heard its a pain in the a$$ to fix as well.

Any RWG members having any issues witht heir Blackbirds?

my Bird has a date advancement problem...

same one quite a few members have posted about -- it advances at midnight on its own, but you cannot advance it via the crown...which can be a real pain if you rotate watches...it means you have to manually advance the hands via the crown 24 full rotations for each day you need to advance it...argh...

i have asked the ZiggMeister about fixing it -- he says its a big deal to fix on the Bird and doesn't recommend it...Rolexman created a super post on fixing the similar problem on the Skyland -- but the mechanism is a bit more complex on the Bird...

would love a similar "fixit" post like Rolexman's for the Bird -- but then again, most of us probably couldn't do this on our own...and since rep movement parts are almost impossible to source, messing up the "fixit" could cripple this watch...

all this said, i truly feel that the Blackbird is one of the best Breit reps...it may not be replimaniac perfection, but it's a super piece...the bracelet is amazing...

R-

mine came with a DW issue and a crusty rotor :D

but my watchsmith up in IL managed to fix both of them

now it runs as smooth as butter

but i'm too scared to mess with the date unless absolutely necessary so i usually wait for the date to coincide before i take it outta the box :D

mine came with a DW issue and a crusty rotor :D

but my watchsmith up in IL managed to fix both of them

now it runs as smooth as butter

but i'm too scared to mess with the date unless absolutely necessary so i usually wait for the date to coincide before i take it outta the box :D

Chrono - who was your watchsmith in IL?

that's my fix, too... :huh:

i'm also thinking that if your watchsmith can fix this problem, i'd be game to send him mine...i would wear it more!...

do you know what the actual problem with the date advancement was?!...

seriously, pm me with this info if you think he might be game to work mine...R

triplehd, I had 2. both date problems. easy fix for watch smith though. won't touch it myself :)

by the way, the bezel markers are not very strong mounted. I would consider uncrewing them and blue/red loctite them.

All the best!

Have the same issue as rhack1 does. The date wheels turn after 12 hour mark but they won't turn if manually winding them. Sent it to Josh to fix, got it back, worked for a couple of tries manually than stopped working again.

So I just got a watch winder and that is no longer a problem :)

Nevertheless, this watch is a piece of art. In fact those date wheels on top make it very unique and sex watch.

And I love the fact that it's brushed not polished, so it doesn't look like i have a flashlight on my wrist.

Birdy.jpg

Edited by max33