When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guangzhou watch markets.

offshore

I will be in Guangzhou in September, and am doing my research.

My interest is more in the general watch business (parts & tools), as against specifically rep watches.

I noted today, that there are actually 4 or 5 watch centres in Guangzhou.

GuangZhou Watch Market is located in ZhanXi Road. It is made up of 9 installments, which were set up by different periods. They are called:

*Southern Trade Center of Horologe 南方钟表城

*ZhanXi KowLoon Watch Center 站西九龙钟表城

*Southern Watch Trade Centre 南方钟表交易中心

*New KowLoon Watch Center 新九龙钟表城

*SanYi Watch city 三一钟表城

post-13-1244729389_thumb.png

My query is...Are all these centres somewhere I should visit, or are some more retail focussed?

I would think it would be difficult to visit all 5 in 2-3 days, so which are the ones to focus on?

Also, has anyone any clues on a 1/2 reasonable hotel, close to this area?

Offshore

Maps a bit dated and lacking in detail but bear in mind the scale - a coupla hundred meters circle would encompass it all.

The road from the star of 'Southern Trade Center of Horologe' going to 'ZhanXi KowLoon Watch Center' (which isnt worth a look) on your map has most of the tool suppliers off on the right hand side.

Hotel hard to predict what youre looking for but in the none too expensive 4* category and a short walk to the markets, check out the Luihua http://www.travelchinaguide.com/hotel/liuh...l-guangzhou.htm

Good Luck

I've been there...

I doubt that you'll find anything suitable for you when it comes to watch tools and spare parts...

on the other hand, you'll see hundreds of thousands of reps - 99% of those are really cheap reps...

Good luck on your trip - I hope to go there again (been there a year ago).

So heres a question; why arent the really good reps like we have access to available there at the markets?

who said they were not available there at the markets?!

they are, but in VERY limited quantities compared to the total amount of reps that can be found there...

Across the boards there is definitive information on which markets to go to. And there are specific directions

on which booths to look for at those spaces.

MBK/MBW is still there?

But the best bet is to look for Neil, and then follow him.

Have much fun.

Across the boards there is definitive information on which markets to go to. And there are specific directions

on which booths to look for at those spaces.

MBK/MBW is still there?

But the best bet is to look for Neil, and then follow him.

Have much fun.

you confused something...

MBK center and TTK are in Thailand...while the OP is speaking about Gunagzhou/China!

I'm in Guangzhou, China right now!! for a couple days, i've gone to the watch markets, millions of watches piled up for sale.

the problem is finding quality!!!

i'll pay more for quality of course but havent seen it

Does anyone know who i can contact to find the quality reps in Guangzhou? or which booth number to go to?

Angus? what is his phone number here???

thanks for any info, i only have a few days left here, before i go to Shenzhen.

i've been looking for Bulgari, Cartier, AP, Breitling, etc. lately

thanks for any help, i've been reading this forum for awhile and everyone seems very helpful :)

for example, the Tag Link Chrono that everyone raves about is nowhere here.

It should be easy to find, but all i see is low quality,

please help, i'll be back in the USA soon, i can bring extras back if u help me find the high quality ones.

thanks! i talked to your guy, but he's not in Guangzhou right now, his brother is running his shop, but it has been closed for the past few days..

But... i found Mark from timesshopdotnet here in Guangzhou and he was very helpful, speaks english, has High quality, and he even took me around to show me the lower quality shops and his shop to see the differences. very patient and helpful. If anyone is in Guangzhou, they should look him up for sure. he knows his stuff, and very honest about the littlest errors even in his reps.

tell him i sent ya, haha. I actually didnt even buy anything from him, but will see his bigger selection tomorrow. I'm not that big a watch addict like u guys, just a few at a time is all i need :)

thanks again for the help.

who said they were not available there at the markets?!

they are, but in VERY limited quantities compared to the total amount of reps that can be found there...

i've been to GZ at the watch market, it was very cool. very, very cool!

the good reps are definitely there, but in the upper floors in the offices, not on the ground level in the display boxes. you need to have contacts though to the people in these upper floor offices selling high quality reps. i could give you one of a lady that makes good price...she has all the reps. or you could try hont.

when i was there i also had an interpreter as i don't speak chinese. it's very helpful!

simon

Edited by simzger

One of the amazing things about this hobby is that if I ever make it to GZ there would be a good half dozen people happy to see me and show me round.

Once you have been on the boards for a while there's no chance of you being alone in GZ.

Oh, and Offshore, you can stop rubbing it in now :)

Col.

I've been to all the centers in the GZ watch district and there isnt much to find other than your average canal street stuff. They have cleaned up alot as the local govt is starting to regulate the industry. I would recommend emailing/contacting a dealer beforehand, otherwise you wont find anything unless you speak Mandarin.

As for the watch district, there are 4-5 main centers. They are all structured like a indoor swapmeet but each individual booth is an "Independent Watch Broker".

This is the main intersection. If you head left, it'll lead you to the subway (1/4 mile) and the EMS center (the one that all the GZ dealers use LOL). The building behind me to the right (which isn't in the picture) is where I found most of my tools (up the stairs, immediate right, end of row) I think I still have my receipt if you need the booth #. They sell rep Bergeon tools and are pretty inexpensive. I walked out with pretty much everything I needed for less than $20usd. Just to the right of the picture is a pretty decent sized center to find more crap. On the upper left corner where you see the big clock on the building is another center. I think it's about 4-5 stories...I didnt venture up all of it because of all the cigarette smoke throughout the levels...and smoking is legal everywhere. There is also a side street there (the no right turn sign). That's a whole other street with more crap.....

HK-Shantou-Japan187Medium.jpg

More crap with lots of crap. This is the famous center that an old school member had posted in his review.

HK-Shantou-Japan188Medium.jpg

Another view of the street:

HK-Shantou-Japan189Medium.jpg

Inside the centers:

HK-Shantou-Japan190Medium.jpg

HK-Shantou-Japan191Medium.jpg

Outside another watch center along the main street:

HK-Shantou-Japan192Medium.jpg

If you are looking for accessories, you will find everything possible on the main st (first picture). Just walk another 1/4 down and that's where all the rep glasses, purses, jeans, shirt, underwear, hats, shoes!!, etc are. I spent 2 days in the district and didnt even get to see everything. I hope this gives you a 3D/live view of the intersection. Have fun!!

cc

Edited by chinkiechunkie
  • Like 1