When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Generational respect: 1963 Gilt pointed CG's and his Grand-Nephew on the wife's side

Justasgood

DSCN3184.jpg

DSCN3182.jpg

DSCN3180.jpg

DSCN3183.jpg

DSCN3181.jpg

DSCN3179.jpg

Nephew solo:

DSCN3177.jpg

DSCN3176.jpg

DSCN3174.jpg

So, what's been done.....Gilt is all Gen except for NDT case and Ziggafied dial/hands.

Tudor, MBW 5513 case, MBW hollow link bracelet with Gen clasp, Gen insert, Gen dial/hands Thx UBi, Gen ETA(Non-Tudor slow beat mov't) Thx Ubi, Gen Spring bars and soon to be installed, Gen crown/tube.

[

So, what's been done.....Gilt is all Gen except for NDT case and Ziggafied dial/hands.

Tudor, MBW 5513 case, MBW hollow link bracelet with Gen clasp, Gen insert, Gen dial/hands Thx UBi, Gen ETA(Non-Tudor slow beat mov't) Thx Ubi, Gen Spring bars and soon to be installed, Gen crown/tube.

Very nice watches but no offense (and perhaps this is just a pet peeve of mine) but don't say something is ALL GEN when the main parts besides the motor are not. In essence, what you're saying is that the only thing Gen is the movement, insert (?), and bracelet (?). Hard to tell when you mention a rep case and modified hands and dial.

Still though, fantastic watches. The Ubi-Tudor is a nice piece and you aren't afraid to call it the Ubi-Tudor. Do the same with the other one, and call it a spade when it is. :) Nothing wrong with it. Would be interested in seeing a shot of the points on the ND case crown guards as they look different from Gens that I have seen on the bottom side.

My apologies if you view this as a thread crap as that is not the intention.

Very nice watches but no offense (and perhaps this is just a pet peeve of mine) but don't say something is ALL GEN when the main parts besides the motor are not. In essence, what you're saying is that the only thing Gen is the movement, insert (?), and bracelet (?). Hard to tell when you mention a rep case and modified hands and dial.

Still though, fantastic watches. The Ubi-Tudor is a nice piece and you aren't afraid to call it the Ubi-Tudor. Do the same with the other one, and call it a spade when it is. :) Nothing wrong with it. Would be interested in seeing a shot of the points on the ND case crown guards as they look different from Gens that I have seen on the bottom side.

My apologies if you view this as a thread crap as that is not the intention.

No offense taken.

Of course. in the past, I have referred to this watch as a "Franken" but to save ink, I called it all gen Except for the case,dial and hands. For you and others peeved by this, I will in this post and in the future list all the "gen parts" and "non gen" parts so there will be no confusion or peeving :)

Parts list of the gilt:

Movement - Gen 1560 serviced

Bracelet - Gen 93150 501B endlinks

Crown - Gen

Tube - Gen

Gasket - Gen

Bezel Assembly - Gen

Insert - Gen

Crystal - Gen 25-19

Springbars - Gen

Hands/dial (Prior Gen Service) now The Zigmeister Lumed aftermarket

5512 Case(Sans bezel assembly) - NDT modded by jag.

Yep, definately not Gen however, it is ALL GEN except the midcase, and dial/hands.....just as my post stated.

as for the CG's, no two cases from Rolex were the same and compared to JoJo's Gen Gilt 1963 5513 procured by your's truly, they are close enough for most................especially me B)

Gen Never polished:

003-6.jpg

030-1.jpg

028-3.jpg

027.jpg

043.jpg

My all Gen 5512 except the case dial and hands:

156.jpg

157.jpg

My movement cal. 1560:

004-1.jpg

001-6.jpg

Gen movement cal. 1530:

036-1.jpg

Gen dial:

002.jpg

Dial I was going to use but sold it to fund A-LOT of watch projects:

018.jpg

Profiles:

Notice my All gen except the case dial and hands has a "been polished " profile as compared to the gen which has never seen a polishing wheel other the the day it was assembled,

043.jpg

Well,

I hope this clears things up a bit. My all gen except for the case, dial and hands gets many, many, many compliments from AD's, collectors and the general public. And I am proud to tell them I built this sucka over the last 2+ years.

But hey, thanks for the insight and your right, the CG shape is off. Perhaps I'll wait until I have the gen I want in my hands, before I go off on some silly pursuit to mod a watch from memory.

Have a great week,

Kurt.

Very nice. And here's a question... is there a "correct" and "definitive" shape for a Rolex case?

Everyone's seen the famous "drooping" CGs on MBW SDs. Well, from the side they look exactly like the CGs on my gen 1680. Not just close... exactly the same. And the case at the 9:00 position is nowhere near "vertical". It leans in considerably from the back toward the bezel. In that aspect, the MBW case, while being vertical, is not "correct" because it's supposed to lean in.

...............or is it? :g:

No offense taken.

Of course. in the past, I have referred to this watch as a "Franken" but to save ink, I called it all gen Except for the case,dial and hands. For you and others peeved by this, I will in this post and in the future list all the "gen parts" and "non gen" parts so there will be no confusion or peeving :)

Parts list of the gilt:

Movement - Gen 1560 serviced

Bracelet - Gen 93150 501B endlinks

Crown - Gen

Tube - Gen

Gasket - Gen

Bezel Assembly - Gen

Insert - Gen

Crystal - Gen 25-19

Springbars - Gen

Hands/dial (Prior Gen Service) now The Zigmeister Lumed aftermarket

5512 Case(Sans bezel assembly) - NDT modded by jag.

Yep, definately not Gen however, it is ALL GEN except the midcase, and dial/hands.....just as my post stated.

as for the CG's, no two cases from Rolex were the same and compared to JoJo's Gen Gilt 1963 5513 procured by your's truly, they are close enough for most................especially me B)

Gen Never polished:

Have a great week,

Kurt.

:clap::D

Beautiful post. Again, awesome watches and I'd call those hands and dial modified gens. ;)

Beautifull PCG but you have to find a decent dial, One month ago Tuscanirose from VRF had one for sale for 800 dollar and it was a tropical gilt ( there where some awfull spots on the dial but it was genuine).

Um, check the post again. I had an original almost perfect dial. But why use it in a franken that will always be a franken and worth nothing in the market, when I can sell it for a boat load of money and build a bunch of watches.

I think the dial is the best feature of this watch second only to the hands :D