When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mrs. Ubi gets a J12

ubiquitous

From time to time, I tend to look for watches for my better half; she doesn't appreciate watches in the same manner that I do, but she's slowly finding that having a watch is a necessity for daily living.

A few years back, I had picked up an old TW Best Ladies' DJ for my wifey; I wanted to test the waters to see how she liked such a watch, and to also see how she'd do with it. If it worked out, I'd get her a gen. Well, in less than a month, she managed to transform a brand new watch into one that appeared to be several decades old :bangin: Still not sure how exactly that happens... But I made up my mind real quick regarding the gen :)

So, I started to look for a Ladies' 33mm ceramic J12; the scratch proof finish seemed to be just what the dr. ordered. I searched every now and then... When I'd remember to look :) The idea kind of drifted to the back of my mind for a while where the thought went dormant... Until recently when I saw a nice white 38mm J12 in the trading forum by member 'dodger'. I was a bit unsure about the 38mm size; my wife is not typically one to go for larger watches. But, after considering the idea a bit and discussing with the Mrs., showing her pics, and having her try on some watches of similar size, we decided to give it a try and parted cash for product. After a short wait (to which my better half actually admitted to being quite excited about the incoming prize), a box arrived on the door step. Cracked it open to find a Chanel box, some booklets and finally the important contents...

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

A Mrs. Ubi worn pic...

IMG_4126.jpg

Impressions... VERY nice watch! Very significant feel, weight... Nicely finished surfaces, edges and details. Out of curiosity along with some skepticism, I tested one of the links for the scratchproof properties by inflicting numerous strikes with sharp objects... Serrated, rough, jagged edges... I am amazed. Not a scratch. I think she can handle this one :)

Sizing was a breeze... And Mrs. Ubi is quite pleased. When Mrs. Ubi is happy... Well, Ubi is too, then!

Thanks for looking!

R

Great choice! I always liked that ceramic Chanel.

Ladies don't really care for the watches. Mine neither. But then again she's 11 years younger and thus almost "different generation". She buys new mobile phones two times a year or so... and I simply don't understand it. Hey, it's just a phone... who cares? Well she thinks the same way about watches.

I always wondered why we don't get ANY females here. Victoria was an exception. And who remembers Isoroku? But that's about it... max. 5 females in the whole RWG history. Sad.

Anyway, congrats to mrs. Ubi. The watch is a beauty!

Really nice choice & pics, I've seen a few of these about on women "in the wild". Maybe they are abit like a womens Rolex in terms of status? :D I mean, after all.. they kinda use a ceramic version of an oyster bracelet.

Great thread anyway and props to a number of things:

+True Religion jeans

+Awesome pictures

+Revelation that BT is with a younger lady.. dundundun.. Although 11 years, different generation? Im not sure ;).

Women seem to be into phones.. It's a big part of their image for them. They spend all day watching "The Hills" then go out and buy Blackberrys to link to their single hotmail accounts.. So they can look busier.. or something..

Wow, i mean wow.... :wub:

I think Mrs Ubi will be completely chuffed! ;)

I must be showing my age, but I can only imagine her being "chuffed", and don't recall being "chuffed" lately myself. Does it involve pharmaceuticals or just a beautiful J12.

Thanks btw, I was thinking what my black belt taekwando daughter might enjoy to keep time while kicking ass. This may be it! Is it available from usual chinese suspects?

Thanks, fellers! Indeed... Mrs. Ubi is quite happy, although she did note that the larger watch does take some getting used to- Mostly with the weight. It's quite a bit heavier than her other watches... But, I have to say, she looks quite good with it on! She is a slight bit curious about the 33mm model, but I think the 38mm is proportioned nicely. As with anything, I think it's just a matter of adjustment :)

At any rate, I do agree- This is the perfect chick watch... Very fashionable, looks great on a feminine wrist and scratchproof! I admit- I tried it on prior to sizing... Just didn't look right, but I think the black dial/case/bracelet might be more suiting for the guys.

And kruz- I'm with you 100%! The missus is indeed a one of a kind keeper! Not only does she put up with my ass, but she also supports my watch addiction. I think she might have a budding watch addiction of her own, however... We'll see.

IMG_4140.jpg

'Hot Teri' says hello...

:lol:

Cheers!

R

Be careful with the srew-in crown!

Bougth a black one for my wife from Andrew about a year ago. After a few weeks we couldn't get the crown to srew in anymore. It sticks out a bit now, but she still wears it a lot, and doesn't care too much about it. :rolleyes:

Ubi, I knew you'd like it :tu:

I had one for myself... the men's version but automatic... it's a great watch even though it's smaller than what I'm used to... and great going out and wearing it, especially something like clubbing when I'm worried about anything happening to the bezel of my PAM194 for example (which is still in pristine condition, may i add).

Great choice! :D

Actually, while I remember.. anyone notice that alot of women seem to wear watches on their right wrist? Right is wrong :(

I wear watches on either wrist but usually on my right. You may do "dirty" things with your left hand and I don't want my watch picking up any dirt! Though I write with my left too and it's easier on the right... I can do most things with either hand.

Be careful with the srew-in crown!

Bougth a black one for my wife from Andrew about a year ago. After a few weeks we couldn't get the crown to srew in anymore. It sticks out a bit now, but she still wears it a lot, and doesn't care too much about it. :rolleyes:

I think Ubi's one is a quartz so should be fine until the battery runs out, or the occasional date changes :tu:

Is this an accurate rep of the Chanel original?

Looking at the gen, at 12 o'clock isn't the "Chanel" supposed to be BOLD

Does anyone know where you can a sensibly priced Chanel rep where the dial face is accurate?

Cheers

P_Diddy

You'll have to look at the more expensive 700 and 1k versions... and if you're doing that, and it's for your wife, ou may as well get the genuine.

I love Mrs Ubi's J12 but I noticed that it looks a little "tight" on her wrist or maybe that's what she prefers. I'd take a link out so it was just slightly loose. Just my opinion, otherwise a beautiful watch.

:)

I love Mrs Ubi's J12 but I noticed that it looks a little "tight" on her wrist or maybe that's what she prefers. I'd take a link out so it was just slightly loose. Just my opinion, otherwise a beautiful watch.

:)

Good observation! The watch does sit a bit tight- We tried removing one of the links and replacing with a link and a half; the result was a bit too loose. She needs like a link and a quarter to be just right. Due to the weight of the watch, she felt it was better to go a bit snug rather than loose and flopping around. So, I adjusted to her preference :)

Thanks, by the way, for your recommendation on the listing. Your's was one of the posts that helped me make up my mind to give it a try...