When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020: Deal at your own risk

Legend

:g:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162239-md2020-who-is-dealing-with-him-im-worried-now/?p=1276986

I also addressed another poster who had posted some fabricated lying B.S. in regards to "missing watches".

I say again, refuting the lie that was ignored 4 times by the poster who wrote it, NO RWG member is missing a single watch with Mike/MD2020.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162239-md2020-who-is-dealing-with-him-im-worried-now/?p=1277009

And Mike on a bike, you still have not addressed your fabricated B.S. lie about Mike/MD2020.

:feedtroll3pr:

Edited by GBOGH

Scotty just posted that he has had communication with MD2020 over the last month, and received his watch back. If I ban MD2020 than Scotty loses the ability to PM him.

Do you see anyone here accepting and finding humor in MD2020 ripping people off? Have you read a post here that welcomes MD2020 back to find more victims? Have you seen anyone here welcoming him and endorsing his actions? If you have, point them out and I'll deal with them.

Sure, I can be a nazi and ban people for pissing me off. Who's first? Anyone want to speak up? Your neck is on the line.

Anyone?

That's not how we operate here. We are not the Gestapo, neither are we a democracy. Everyone here is empowered to stand up and shout and complain when they see bad behavior. We also encourage everyone to mention good behavior when they see it.

Heavy handed moderation results in members that are afraid to say what's on their mind. Then we're no better than the other boards that ban people for wearing the wrong shirt. That's not who we are here.

It's a very fine line between allowing someone to remain here, keeping open lines of possible communication (that the scammer is likely to ignore anyway) vs. banning the lying bastard, only to have a dozen people pop up in PM asking why I did it? They're the silent ones that don't complain, and are using PM to resolve their issues, and don't say anything until after the fact.

Do I listen to the 4 or 5 people that are calling for his head? Or do I try to let YOU GUYS keep the fires burning and warn each other? Is this place to aggrandize the ego of the Moderators, or to let you have a community to share in?

Exactly how much Gestapo do you really want here? And how much freedom?

Think hard about what you want this place to look like. We have many years of RWG culture behind us, and that's not to be squandered lightly.

As a relativity new member, I value this form tremendously. The depth of knowledge here is remarkable. I simply love it here. Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not a person that whines and calls for people's heads. I'm not here to belittle nor aggrandize the mods either (in all honesty I don't even know who the mods are here and like it that way). I look at each member the same.

I do get the idea of allowing him to stay in hopes of keeping the communication lines open. But isn't the a double edge sword?? To openly allow other members to be potentially ripped off....who's at fault there? To me that's more damming to this community and ones integrity.

I'm not attacking the mods, it's members (not even MD), nor attempting to change the culture here. Just expressing my opinion that the members here new or old should be offered some level protection and accountability.

Sent Via Tapatalk HD

Fraggle and Tony, you made a very good point... my profile here doesn't show ads or member signatures.  So you're seeing something different than me when you look at MD2020's profile, or posts.  Very good point, thanks for saying that.

I'm going to have a look in his profile and see if I can remove the ads for his services.  That's a much needed change.

Red:  no harm, no foul.  I've been looking for the opportunity to use the word aggrandize for months.   :clap2: 

• Like 1

Looks like TTK's lackey is trying to stir the pot some more. The thread you started on TTK's RWG is how many pages long now, bashing this site? And you just love to ridicule this site as much as you can. You really are more at home with the liars over there. 

Liars over there? Please do explain.

That's right. And every word was true at the time it was posted. And, it all might still be true. 

But you didn't address your false and phony accusations.

Again: "You made the accusation, coward, now back it up. You show us all where I found humor in MD2020 ripping people off, or welcomed MD2020 back to find more victims, or welcoming him and endorsing his actions. "

All you do is try to stir the pot so you can bash this site and the members here over on TTK's RWG. Your thread is page after page after page of bashing this site by lying. Tell TTK to loosen your collar. You choke a lot. 

Who is TTK? Does he have anything to do with this? Why do we have to deal with this bulllshitt again?

Ask the one who started it. 

Please keep in mind this threads purpose was to warn other members, some debate on proper response by board Admin in regard has occurred and also there has been some discussion on how to prevent this in the future. ( all relevant/positive/proactive)

Let us keep our eye on the ball.

I will not debate this post it is simple statement of fact.

Liars over there? Please do explain.

I don't think that needs any explanation. In fact, I think you know who the liars are there far better than I do. 

I also believe that you know I've always respected you, Onze. I am surprised you would think that I would disrespect you. 

Very insistent...

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162239-md2020-who-is-dealing-with-him-im-worried-now/page-27#entry1276710

No RWG members are missing any watches with Mike/MD2020. Why fabricate B.S.?

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162239-md2020-who-is-dealing-with-him-im-worried-now/page-27#entry1276718

You shouldn't assume what I know or don't know. I likely know more than you do.

Why say RWG members are missing any watches with Mike/MD2020. Why fabricate B.S.? No members are missing watches.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162239-md2020-who-is-dealing-with-him-im-worried-now/?p=1276728

For the third time, Why say RWG members are missing any watches with Mike/MD2020. Why fabricate B.S.? No members are missing watches

:feedtroll3pr:

Pete no one has written anything off and every means possibly conceivable has been tried, phone,text, two emails addresses,PMs, an open invite to multi PM to straighten out held open for weeks in the chance he would communicate. I can tell you for a fact he was on signed in many times and aware of multi PM but never bothered with his customers.

PS There is one member seven months on a simple fix , now if he were talking and said it would take 8 months very busy no biggie but that is not the case.

My comments never presumed that was the case mate... it was in reference to anyone looking to use the FB system as suggested by yourself ..my comment was simply that no one should use that FB method unless they have drawn a line under their own particular issue but  ... there are guys that have said as much in this thread mate as you can read in earlier posts :) and a couple who have said the same on the other relative thread mate...

Can you read?

Reply #82 

That's right. And every word was true at the time it was posted. And, it all might still be true. 

But you didn't address your false and phony accusations.

Again: "You made the accusation, coward, now back it up. You show us all where I found humor in MD2020 ripping people off, or welcomed MD2020 back to find more victims, or welcoming him and endorsing his actions. "

All you do is try to stir the pot so you can bash this site and the members here over on TTK's RWG. Your thread is page after page after page of bashing this site by lying. Tell TTK to loosen your collar. You choke a lot. 

TTK has you running in circles. He does that to his lackeys. 

During the course of my experience with Mike, several things happened that caused me to believe that Mike has serious emotional problems. He is a young man on a bad course. I would just suggest that he suffers more than us from this episode. We'll move on, but unless Mike changes he will repeat this fiasco over and over in life. He suffers now--being a trusted member of this community was so important to him. A community should support its members--whether online or in real life.  I also would suggest that all of us will be happier if we forgive him and recognize that he probably doesn't do this just out of evil intent (if at all), but because he is in turmoil and ashamed and trying to protect himself. That being said, we do Mike no favors by not teaching him a lesson here and, even with forgiveness, everyone deserves their property back. To the extent you have not done so, I would recommend sending an e-mail and registered mail telling Mike to cease work on any watches and send them back to you immediately. Inform him that failure to do so within one week will result in the local police being contacted. If it is true that Mike is holding onto several thousand dollars worth of watches, this is a serious crime and Mike faces a real chance of going to jail even if he has no record. He will also have to reimburse everyone. But first you have to establish that Mike is holding your watches without your permission--so do it in writing. If in the end the police are involved, be prepared not to get your replica watch back. It will be evidence, and while it is legal to purchase and own a replica, the police are going to have a hard time returning it. Also, it may be illegal to send it through the mail (I'm not sure about this). This approach avoids paying a lawyer at least initially. The police can do the work for you. But please try to do it without anger--its hard, I certainly get angry when I'm not careful--forgiveness can be a constant process but its worth it. And if we do it right, we (well, I've given up on my $320) can get our property back and help a fellow human being thrive in the future. 

A few months ago I sent Mike several private emails pleading with him to return everyones' watches immediately and to rebuild his client base. I've offered to help him do it. I wish you had listened Mike. Please Mike, save your future and return all watches ASAP. If you have sold anyone's watch, you're in big trouble. There is no defense. I would try to work it out with that member before the police get involved--get some certified checks ready. You might want to talk to a lawyer first. Mike, you have placed yourself in a position where all your choices are bad--please choose the best of the bunch before it is chosen for you.

Just imagine--instead of allowing this continued descent into anger and name-calling we instead help a fellow human being achieve a more stable path in life. Its a win-win. Now that's an f'ing community. To do so, people have to be willing to post comments on a deeper level than the superficiality that pervades. Also, please don't respond to some of the members who have no interest in this.  

Sorry for bothering everyone again. I check in only every few weeks only to find critical responses to what I think are very fair posts. Its strange that I keep being told to "drop it"--I barely pay any attention to this while some of those telling me to let it go are posting constantly. Much of my posts were to convince all of you to stop this nonsense and demand your watches back--Mike's behavior towards me was inexplicable and I laid it all out for you to see. And when you didn't get it the first time, I did it again and again. I'm sorry it seems to have offended so many, but I am proud of my conduct here--I tried to help Mike, I tried to help you and I tried to help myself. The passive-aggression comment from one of the members was fair and well-taken. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I think it was pretty mild but I was doing a bad job of dealing with my anger when I wrote that. I'll have to watch that. It clealry detracted from my message which is my fault. Thanks again!

I want to thank the gentleman for identifying other watchmakers for me--I'll contact them. Good luck everyone--I don't think Mike is a thief--there's still a chance you'll get your stuff.   I hope so anyway. 

• Like 1

And if we do it right, we (well, I've given up on my $320) can get our property back and help a fellow human being thrive in the future.

You got all your watches back exactly as you directed months ago. You've been 'reminded' of this in the last two threads. Yet you try this baloney again? 

TTK I presume? 

Lol! A brand new, first time post! I wonder who that might be? Did your master have to come and rescue you? Good help is so very hard to find. 

Watching you find new ways to embarrass yourself used to be quite funny, but we're getting to the point where it's getting embarrassing for everyone.

Finn "I check in only every few weeks"  all of the remediation efforts you have suggest have been tried. About 12 k back of the napkin at moment FYI and they are coming out of the woodwork. This all being said you are covering old ground and I understand you do not know. Now you being aware that you are not here anywhere near enough to be aware of current situtation it would be prudent not to presume to lecture those who do or anyone for that matter. You do not have enough information to speak on the subject with any accuracy or authority.

PS this is a free forum so you have the right to post it, just as I have to point out you are talking out your A**.