When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020: Deal at your own risk

Legend

Based on what you post, I'd say you have a mental disorder. How is your rant on RWI going? Did they get the vigilantes put together yet? 

Very 5th grade. :lol:

Thanks for the good laught, I'm out. There are plently other folks to keep you busy.

Edited by wizi

Why are half the posts on this thread by Joey?

This sounds like a fairly straight forward case of a wrong done against many many members here...

I was called out after not posting in this thread on the first 3+ pages. 

Read my posts. Members have been wronged, but there is more to it. 

I really hate to thread crap as I know how I hate getting off topic myself ;) but ...

How is the situation currently progressing generally for guys still awaiting outstanding work and issues ....

I mean are things moving forward in terms of the outstanding work or in communication and updates etc or is there no progress on any front.... ?

I know Big Mike (for whom a big thanks is due I am sure) has taken a lot on himself to facilatate resolutions... is that fairing well ...

What is the current feedback in general terms ?

:)

This reminds me so much of when I was a moderator over on the other RWG when Joey got banned. He's like a friggin' bull dog that bites and just wont let go, no matter how senseless it gets.

He is certainly a "special case" but it is, at least, keeping this thread advising people about the loser MD2020 at the top of the board.

In case anyone missed it a moderator has asked for all the hostilities to cease.

I haven't read through the thread and I do not intend to....the next guy gets an official warning.

Capice?

Ken

• Like 1

How is the situation currently progressing generally for guys still awaiting outstanding work and issues ....

I mean are things moving forward in terms of the outstanding work or in communication and updates etc or is there no progress on any front.... ?

I know Big Mike (for whom a big thanks is due I am sure) has taken a lot on himself to facilatate resolutions... is that fairing well ...

What is the current feedback in general terms ?

Good question. But based on MoaB's recent post it would seem that the progress is at a stand still with MD2020, and they were pursuing all alternative options available.

Edited by GBOGH

Guys I sincerely wish I could tell you exactly in detail current state of affairs but as I posted in the last thread in regard to the situation I can not at this time.

Rest assured I will give a full account when this is over, unfortunately it would jeopardize the groups chance of getting their property returned.

I apologize to all in regard and as some are trusted friends this is not something I do lightly nor is it easy for me.

In closing let me just say this, the outcome is uncertain but our cause is just and our resolve steely no quarter, no prisoners. :pimp: MOAB

"The RWG Moderating staff does not at this time endorse MD2020 for watch repairs or servicing. He has many unresolved issues with members' watches not being returned, and a lack of communication regarding their status. </p><br /><p> </p><br /><p><em>Caveat emptor.</em></p><br /><p> </p>"

For those who are unaware or might have missed it this was posted on Mike's profile today by our Admins.

I will not debate this post it is simple statement of fact.

MD2020 should be here to clear his name or reverse some of the damage caused to his reputations through his actions, or rather lack of action and communication.

There is hope yet.

All it takes is courage and responsibility, the willingness to stand forth and apologize and set things straight.

Sure, there would be the inevitable bashing, but that too will pass.

Folks here are more forgiving than they would admit. We basically have a bunch of good guys who are angry and upset.

Well said, LK.

And in my life every time I've seen someone stand up and face responsibility like a man, it always inspires forgiveness and respect from those offended. It may take time but it always happens.

• Like 1

Well said, LK.

And in my life every time I've seen someone stand up and face responsibility like a man, it always inspires forgiveness and respect from those offended. It may take time but it always happens.

This is true. I've done it myself.

Well said, LK.

If I were a religious person I'd say:

HALLELUJAH!

Heck, I'd say it anyway.

HALLELUJAH!!!

"The RWG Moderating staff does not at this time endorse MD2020 for watch repairs or servicing. He has many unresolved issues with members' watches not being returned, and a lack of communication regarding their status. </p><br /><p> </p><br /><p><em>Caveat emptor.</em></p><br /><p> </p>"

For those who are unaware or might have missed it this was posted on Mike's profile today by our Admins.

Thank you Admins! :inverted:

And I do appreciate the reason behind the OP posting the first post in this thread, but I think if all the people in this thread that cared for fellow members, just kept an eye out for any newbies looking for a watchsmith and if you see one just send a polite PM saying that at this time we could not recommend MD2020 and we advise them to look for someone else. And if they reply asking why, then point them to the first thread (if it still exists?).

P.S. I know some have said that if newbies can't be bothered to do their research then it's their problem, but, really, we all started somewhere with very little or no knowledge. Isn't part of the forum to welcome newbies and help them out? Especially if there is a known problem we can help them avoid? We do it with scamming websites, help newbies to use the right one, this is just the same kind of thing. And by newbies I mean members who haven't used a watchsmith before. I'm sure there are lots of members who've been here years who've never had cause to need one, and who exclusively use the brand name forums.

• Like 1

Well said guys!! These last few posts are what this thread was intended to be about, not to start a flame war, or get into a shouting contest about who is right or wrong here or why. It is simply to let folks know that there is a problem with a particular member who does repair work, period. Whether you believe about this particular member is going to be affected by your own dealings with him and/or your personal relationships with him, that's normal and that's life.

You can go on Amazon and pick out any popular item there, and if it has lots of reviews, there are going to be plenty of 5 star, but there will also be some 1 star, Not everyone is going to be satisfied every time, however like Amazon, if you have a product with 50 reviews and 45 are 1-2 star, and only 2 or 3 are 5 star, then you need to look at that product pretty darn carefully before shelling out your money. Unfortunately on this forum ,we can't give 1-5 star reviews, we can leave negative feedback, but it's not that easy for someone who doesn't know how to find it to see reviews. If we had a rating system like Amazon for all the dealers and watch repair service providers, we wouldn't need threads like this, but we don't so this is what we need to do to make certain that all interested parties are provided with enough information that they can make and intelligent, informed decision. How many times in life have you said, after a bad experience with a repair person, a car dealership, etc.. "man, I wish someone had warned me about then before I spent my hard earned money and got a shoddy job" I know I have and it would have been great if I could have had some way of really checking up on a deal before I spent the money. That's call due diligence, but for due diligence to really work, you have to have enough information to make an intelligent decision 

• Like 2

At present time I over 18 thousand dollars in goods submitted to me by members seeking return.  This amount even has me taken back, I am sure you are all somewhat astounded also. Needless to say this is not an inconsequential sum and a substantial amount of resources will be committed to facilitate it's return. :pimp:

That has really knocked me back mate...

I am astounded by that and even more so by the comments made in an attempt to mitigate this issue.