When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Pass Around Watch - PAW

Thor

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pm'd maverick and he said that Trunk21 knows who he sent it to????

Yes, I do know who it went to, but I thought I'd just revive the thread first. My intention is not to create animosity; there have been delays in the passing of the watch in the past, so perhaps just a quick update as to where it is and what's going on with it would be helpful.

We all know life can get in the way of this hobby, so as long as it makes it's way back to the board, I think everyone will be entertained!

It would be nice to know who had it after maverick. Although slim, the last holder may not see this post and therefor not respond.
i do hope it "pops up" and i do still have the journal... should i send it to trunk? if somebody has an idea send me a pm and i will send it on.... it got lost in my pile of a desk :whistling: ...CHILI

i do hope it "pops up" and i do still have the journal... should i send it to trunk? if somebody has an idea send me a pm and i will send it on.... it got lost in my pile of a desk :whistling: ...CHILI

Hey Guys & Gals...

I just received a PM from Maverick, and apparently the new caretaker of the PAW, Deluze, has the watch, has taken photos, but has been too busy to post. Understandable, but we really do need to be fastidious about keeping the momentum up...

Let's see the watch get around the globe from here on out in RECORD TIME! Even if we don't take Maverick-Level photos (they were pretty damned great), let's get the shots taken and whisk the watch along pronto!

Thanks for keeping this thing alive, everyone.

Hey Chili, perhaps you can send the journal to Maverick for an update? That would make the most sense...

Cheers, everyone....

Well, well, well...

The PAW lives. Check out TRC for an updated post. I asked Deluze to post here and the other boards as well. Perhaps the next caretaker will be wearing the watch within the week!

Guys, I'm not trying to [censored] about the turnaround here since life can get in the way of this hobby, but let's keep it on the gas! Preferably a 1 week turnaround if possible!!!

Here's to MOMENTUM!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Now THATS what I'm talking about. The PAW went MIA (so did I), but it resurfaced in Paris (I resurfaced right where I went MIA!) Good work Pugwash hosting the PAW in Paris.

It was at the Tour De France yesterday, but it missed the action shots as the whole thing was a two hour wait followed by 5 seconds of this lot rolling past. No chance for PAW pics until shortly after, I'll post more later in the big proper PAWpost.

91903-28121.jpg

It was at the Tour De France yesterday, but it missed the action shots as the whole thing was a two hour wait followed by 5 seconds of this lot rolling past. No chance for PAW pics until shortly after, I'll post more later in the big proper PAWpost.

Can't you catch them on the next lap? :lol:

;)

• 2 weeks later...

The PAW sees the sights.

As much as I wanted a lie-in this morning, I was woken by the PAW bouncing up and down telling me to take him to town. Sheesh, some watches, eh?

So, after much deliberation and the like, we set off.

98207-26821.jpg

As I had to do a bit of shopping for a family member, I had to hit the Champs Elysees. PAW jumped out of my pocket and stared at the Arc de Triomphe in the distance.

98207-26822.jpg

On the way down the Champs Elysees, we saw an Omega display. PAW went to have a look. It was very Bunyip of Berkley's Creek.

98207-26823.jpg

PAW wanted a closer look at the Arc de Triomphe. I was happy to wait.

98207-26824.jpg

As I tried to take a nice shot of a sign, PAW jumped into shot.

98207-26825.jpg

He thought he saw a fellow RepHound. Mahler, is that you?

98207-26826.jpg

PAW expressed a great interest in the Eiffel Tower. Can you see his impatience?

98207-26827.jpg

He finally stopped running around and posed for a tourist photo.

98207-26828.jpg

PAW on one of the four feet of the Eiffel Tower. He was very happy and did a bit of posing.

98207-26829.jpg

PAW took this photo from the foot of the Eiffel Tower.

98207-26830.jpg

Paw started to get tired and wanted a rest on a bridge over the Seine.

98207-26831.jpg

This Herald Tribune statue was donated to the city of Paris. Some daft blonde bint got in a speeding car with a drunk and died just below here, and this landmark was hijacked as a memorial to The Princess Of Tunnel Supports ... I mean Hearts. They've fenced it off to stop people piling flowers, poems and pictures of a dead princess on it. PAW, however, liked Princess Di, so I finally caved into taking this pic.

98207-26832.jpg

PAW and I rush to get the Metro home.

98207-26833.jpg

And that's the first leg of PAW's visit to Paris.

i really like the speedy on that nato strap. did that come with a vintage sub, or did you buy it aftermarket?

where can i pick one up?

I got it from a member on RWI ages ago. The PAW SS Bracelet annoyed me, so I put this one on. I've ordered a 22mm Bond for my Seiko and a 20mm black for everything else fromTime Factors in the UK. I'll tell you all about them when they arrive.

• 4 weeks later...
Why not have the PAW going swimming at Christmas?

The PAW is off to Scotland as soon as I can get to the post office. I was ready to post it until I realised I'd lost the extra links for the strap. :blink:

I have found them again, but it means they missed my last post office run. Still, should be soon, eh?

• 2 weeks later...