When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

4th gen 42.5mm PO

ubiquitous

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your clasp is missing the word PROFESSIONAL...

I recall only the 45mm version should have that text. 4th Gen has 100% correct clasp markings for the 42.5mm version.

Wow R, I just stumbled across this thread, you're really branching out into other manufactures, good for you!

Can't wait to see what other watches you decide to acquire.

Sorry, you are wrong actually.

I've now seen both for 42mm.

ome020st1580952ottofrei.jpg

Personally, I'm not bothered by it either way; the primary reasons why the clasp is on my list for upgrade (the entire bracelet actually) is because mine is a bit cumbersome to operate, the diver's extension doesn't stay in place and I'd also like to have the deeper hull engraving. Whether it says 'PROFESSIONAL' on it or not is of major concern to me; I'm leaning more towards without as it looks a little cleaner and less cluttered.

The bracelet is something I'd like to upgrade as the rep has some issues; the end link gap, weak, flimsy link pins, etc.

Love this model Ubi. A good choice.

Here's my 4th gen, bought from PT in 2006. ETA version, built VERY well. A keeper!

Thanks, Slarti- I agree. It's a great piece. Very well done, with excellent quality. With some mods... It has some even greater potential!

Contemplating an orange bezel 4th gen now... Compare both side by side and part with the one that appeals less...

I will need to see if my source has any additional stock. When I initially inquired as to whether they had the 4th gen, it took a few days to confirm a yes or no answer. Also, I was limited to this dial and bezel combo (I originally wanted the black bezel with white numerals). That leads me to believe that these might not be readily available, so I'll need to check. If they do have some, I will divulge the info with plat and orange members receiving first priority.

In the meantime, I have been informed that Reg and Homer might carry this piece. I know Reg has his POrikaa, but he might be able to get the 4th gen too? I dunno... But that's what I was told. That might be another source to follow up with.

As for the pearl- It's the same mod that I did in my first set of pics (post #12), except cleaned up and in better, natural lighting. It's definitely not gen, but rather an unconventional piece that worked well as a pearl :lol: I'm still waiting to see if anyone has figured out what I used :g:

Re: Happy feet. I will likely be tackling this down the road a bit... Trying to decide on the method I want to use to address this...