When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss? Italian? Asian? Whats the truth?

ryanrod

I'm trying to buy a top quality replica Rolex and I am having trouble finding the truth behind these watches.

After looking near and far on the internet, the best replica Rolex watches seem to be Swiss and Italian. However, I have read things that say Swiss and Italian don't even exist, and that they are all Asian. What is the truth? Can you buy a Swiss or Italian replica that is better quality than the Asian made ones? Or are they all Asian made?

I searched all over this forum already and haven't found any mention of Swiss or Italian replica Rolex watches.

Here are a couple of sites that advertise these Swiss and Italian watches:

http://www.globalreplica.com/

http://www.tntswiss.us/

http://www.italianfakes.net/

http://www.italianreplica.net/

All scam sites

There are no Italian made replica's nor Swiss they are all (well the vast majority) made in China.

You may if you are lucky pick up a rep with a genuine ETA (swiss....kind of) movement but that's as close as you get to that country.

Usually these days you will find most movements are Chinese copies.

Welcome to RWG. :)

Ken

Forget all websites you listed, research the board.

All terms swiss, asian, italian is all marketing. Accept everytheing being aisan even the swiss marketed ones, even if they are not, it wil make your live easyer and cheaper. Important for you is, if you want certrain watch to last lifetime, is to get a piece which can be serviced and or repaired. For me its important dial or hands are interchangeble with genuine eta movements and specs, so once problem arrises i can get it fixed.

Edited by slickdick

Thank you guys for clearing that issue. I can now forget my dreams of buying a Swiss made replica.

Now that this is out of the way. Who actually sells the highest quality Rolex replicas? I don't care where it comes from.

The specs of the watches I'm looking for are as follows: 99% accurate size and markings, sapphire glass, legit movement, 30m waterproof, real weight, triple wrapped 18k gold, Luminox illumination.

I'm looking for a 18K Rolex Submariner with Black dial of this caliber. Anybody know where to get it?

Edited by ryanrod

legit movement, [...] triple wrapped 18k gold, Luminox illumination.

Not going to happen.

No-one here sells Rolex reps with a gen Rolex movement.

Triple-Wrapped doesn't mean anything.

What's Luminox?

It sounds like you got this spec off a scam site.

Welcome aboard. There's a ton of reading for you to do and the search feature is your friend. But you've come to the right place.

I will give you a bit of advice- 18K triple wrapped gold is not all it's cracked up to be- all of the gold plated reps are a risky proposition- the gold might hold up or it might not- that's why most people recommend sticking to stainless, or two-tone if you still insist. Full gold plated is not for everyday wear.

Thank you guys for clearing that issue. I can now forget my dreams of buying a Swiss made replica.

Now that this is out of the way. Who actually sells the highest quality Rolex replicas? I don't care where it comes from.

The specs of the watches I'm looking for are as follows: 99% accurate size and markings, sapphire glass, legit movement, 30m waterproof, real weight, triple wrapped 18k gold, Luminox illumination.

I'm looking for a 18K Rolex Submariner with Black face of this caliber. Anybody know where to get it?

Gold wrapping does not exist in the real world, only on scam sites. It means nothing .. like "All Natural!" Gold plating is gold plating. Just different plating thicknesses ..

By "legit movement" do you mean an Rolex movement or a reliable Swiss movement ... but no Asian copies? There are no Rolex movements in replica watches unless you buy a used Rolex and put it's movement into your replica.

The major maker of watch movements is The Swatch Group, which owns "ETA" ... they make most movements in actual expensive watches. ETA movements are available in some replicas. Then there are Asian copies of ETA movements, and then there are Quartz (battery powered) movements from ETA, Miyota (Japan good!) and China.

ETA has factories in Europe and also in China .. so Asian ETA, Swiss ETA, and Asian copy ETA are all things you will see advertised on non-scammer replica watch sites. ETA has sworn to discontinue all sales of their movements to NON-Swatch Group makers at the end of this year, so yes you can get your replica watch with a high quality ETA movement .. for a while longer.

As for marker lume .. normal replica lume is barely there. This is because powerful lume powder is more expensive than gold, and replica factories would fear theft and resale by workers. Most people who want powerful lume get their watch hands and markers re-painted by a replica expert here on the forum.

Regarding watch weight .. you cant made something that's not really gold be as heavy as real gold without making it bigger. If your replica watch is actual 1:1 size, and not real gold, it can not possibly be close to the real weight of an actual gold watch.

If I were YOU I would read the very informative Newbie Guide here on this Forum site ... it'll help you realize what are lies and what is truth in this hobby.

I call them:

1..."Brass Monkey" = brass cases and sometimes brass bracelets, ratty dials and hands, some have quartz, some have automatic mystery movements.

Make you gag and your arm turn green.

Many are delivered DOA.

2..."Canal Street Special" = steel or brass case with steel bracelet, fair dial, Chinese mystery movement of some sort.

1/2 a notch up from Brass Monkey.

Will fool the average 11 year old boy (not the girls though...their Momma already warned them).

Must run...no DOA.

3..."Japanese Replica" = steel case and bracelet, good dial etc, Japan quartz or automatic movement (usually Miyota).

OK for night work.

4..."Italian Replica" = Good steel case and bracelet, good dial and hands, DG/ST etc movement. Pricey if you do not know the ropes.

Good ta-ta bar watch...worth 2 lap dances.

(you might have to be the dancer though)

5...Noobies!

5A..."Asian Noob" = very good case, bracelet, dial etc. The Asian movement has to run.

Pretty good watches. If they run for a month...they will usually run 2 or 3 years.

Worth 3 LD...she dances, not you.

5B..."Chinaclone Noob"= Asian Etaclone movement...same 1 month/3 year rule.

Worth 3 LD and a kiss on the cheek (eyes open).

You'll usually not make it home with the watch.

Warning!

5A and 5B can get you mugged...twice!

1...once when they take the watch

2...again when they come back from the pawn shop

5C..."Swiss Replica"...gen-u-ine swiss elf made Eta movement, fine case, bracelet, dial etc.

Last for many moons.

Worth 3 LD, a kotc, and maybe an overnighter (double wrap!).

5C can also get you shot in a back alley...they are that good.

5C, aka "ticket watches"...

Usually worth enough to trade for a ticket home from Vegas.

A bus ticket.

If I were YOU I would read the very informative Newbie Guide here on this Forum site ... it'll help you realize what are lies and what is truth in this hobby.

This is indeed the real thing to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why these "!"?

Because that's what everyone has to read landing here.

I know, it's not enough visible, and everybody here will tell you to read, read and read more....

BTW, @ admin: Please spot on that newbie guide to make it the compulsory thing to read before entering in RWG.

Kind of NEWBIE COME HERE RIGHT NOW!

I found it, a couple of days ago :rofl: and I'm here since two years!

God what a labyrinth of information. I'm assuming this will take weeks to digest. Ill get back to this thread when I find out whats up.

Yes. A few weeks. There are a lot of sub-sections to this Board .. not easy. Do Subs even come in solid gold?

I'm trying to buy a top quality replica Rolex and I am having trouble finding the truth behind these watches.

After looking near and far on the internet, the best replica Rolex watches seem to be Swiss and Italian. However, I have read things that say Swiss and Italian don't even exist, and that they are all Asian. What is the truth? Can you buy a Swiss or Italian replica that is better quality than the Asian made ones? Or are they all Asian made?

I searched all over this forum already and haven't found any mention of Swiss or Italian replica Rolex watches.

Here are a couple of sites that advertise these Swiss and Italian watches:

http://www.globalreplica.com/

http://www.tntswiss.us/

http://www.italianfakes.net/

http://www.italianreplica.net/

You can't handle the truth....sorry, just couldn't resist. Best advice, read, read and read some more, be a sponge for a while, and enjoy the ride. When you are ready for a watch, go easy and don't go for the $500-$1000 super rep right away. Start with vendors here on the board and be fully aware that even a great rep will have its faults. If perfection is what you are after, this hobby may not agree with you, some folks put thousands into franken projects and are still not 100% satisfied sometimes. Pace yourself and welcome to the best group of watch lovers in the world, you will learn more about watches and thier workings here than anywhere else.

Welcome B)

Yes. A few weeks. There are a lot of sub-sections to this Board .. not easy.

As a recent n00b myself, I'd allow at least 2 months of reading the board to get familiar with all the terms and what's available. This will mean that you don't buy a pup and regret it!

In the late 1970s an acquaintance of mine was importing Rolex forgeries from Switzerland. These were meant to fool both the dealers and buyers. His claims:

1. Indistinguishable from genuine unless opened and the movement was visible.

2. All gold was solid through and through.

3. The crystal was sourced from the same vendor that supplied Rolex.

4. All packaging materials were genuine and were diverted from Rolex.

This was a different animal than what we see today. I believe that his main market was vendors of "gray market" Rolexes. I don't know if the vendors knew that the watches were forgeries or if they thought they were stolen.

One point that noobs may not consider.

Not everyone can tell a real Rolex from a replica. I would guess less than 1% of the population of Britain certainly (possibly more in Dubai). You may be happy with a good-ish copy from a reliable dealer. Ask Ruby or Andrew or one of the other recommended dealers here and you will get a watch that looks great, will run well for years, will fool 99.9% of the world, even if they take it off your wrist and look closely and will come in at the right price.

You could go looking for a super sub, but realistically, there's a hit and miss aspect to buying from a website anyway. The excellent Breitling Chronomat I bought 2 years back is about 3 times better than the 'identical' model from the same vendor 3 months later.

If you set your expectations realistically you will get a watch that looks the business, does the business and keeps you in business.

By the way, don't get a 'solid gold' Sub. No-one in their right mind would do that, and no-one would believe it was real anyway. If you looked like you could afford a solid Gold sub you wouldn't be buying a rep, so people will know.

Edited by Brucelles

Yes. A few weeks. There are a lot of sub-sections to this Board .. not easy. Do Subs even come in solid gold?

Yes, but you would have to be really crass to want one.