When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nardin - how come no one

fotoman

i have the UN chrono and its nice but not a super rep IMO and its double the cost.

not that you always get what you pay for either

I have seen Pho's chrono in person and it looks very good to me. Can you say why it is not a super rep?

I am very tempted to order this one here. I am guessing it will look better in person b/c josh's pics aren't the best. Any glaring flaws ther than the dial color?

sorry; not even close. the gen is a beauty- i doubt the rep @ $178 will be accurate.

i have the UN chrono and its nice but not a super rep IMO and its double the cost.

not that you always get what you pay for either

Looks really close to me. I don't see any glaring flaws from the front. Obviously the movement will be entirely different. Needs a re-lume jobs also due to the lighter color on the markers. Doesn't have to cost a [censored]-load to be a good rep. The reason it's not expensive is because it uses a cheaper movement

I'm ordering a couple of them for me and my friends, Josh says the price is reflective of the asian movement and thats why its low. He wouldn't specifically attest that it was as good as the Nardin Chrono. And i haven't asked which factory it came from, but i did ask if there is a swiss one planned, he said now.

I know that this model was due out this summer based upon a gen breakdown. I also understood that super reps were cut because of the cut in watch purchases due to the economy.

So did they make this cheaper? or just a cheap movement.

Many of the Panerai's you guys buy today for 200 or less were 280, 300, and even 400$ at one time. So, the price doesn't always tell all.

...I also understood that super reps were cut because of the cut in watch purchases due to the economy.

Now that's an interesting insight :) I had wondered why there hadn't been a decent rep of the MMD (RobbieG model) but I think your above insight is the most likely explanation for that :)

yeah, from what i heard overall sales were down like 25%.

we'll see stuff in my personal businesses are picking up and may to the sales of super reps. We'll probably get a whole bunch early next year when many of these projects come online.

This one is actually right on schedule. just surprised at the price. I'm going to get it, i just have to wait for a friend to pick his watch to set the order.

If anyone has a great relationship with josh and find out if this watch is the same quality as the Chrono especially with the rubber band and AR coating.

yeah, from what i heard overall sales were down like 25%.

we'll see stuff in my personal businesses are picking up and may to the sales of super reps. We'll probably get a whole bunch early next year when many of these projects come online.

This one is actually right on schedule. just surprised at the price. I'm going to get it, i just have to wait for a friend to pick his watch to set the order.

If anyone has a great relationship with josh and find out if this watch is the same quality as the Chrono especially with the rubber band and AR coating.

Ahh, is it still in the pipeline? I knew that there'd been mention of it being repped, but I wasn't too sure on the timescale involved. That's good to hear your personal businesses are picking up :)

Ahh, is it still in the pipeline? I knew that there'd been mention of it being repped, but I wasn't too sure on the timescale involved. That's good to hear your personal businesses are picking up :)

not enough,but,its better than dead. I'm going back to school, literally. get a PHD

not enough,but,its better than dead. I'm going back to school, literally. get a PHD

Indeed, better to be a little of something than all of nothing :) Awesome news, best of luck with your studies :) I forgot to ask, what subject will it be in?

Someone on RG posted up shots of the gen display back, and it doesn't even look close. The gen display is gorgeous, the rep.. not so much. Agreed, a clone 2892 would have been the better choice.

unless your wearing your watch face down on your wriste - who the hell cares

first to get it has to post pics and review the HR situation. I have some inbound as well