When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Loads of new Ulysse Nardins released!

edgematic1

Indeed awaiting the same one, though the rhodium dial is somewhat harder to rep I guess.

Maybe :) That said, how the dial looks on the less accurate Yacht-Master reps, (Silvery 'sunburst') I don't think it'd be too far from that finish to get the UN correct :) I'm really surprized they've repped all these models so far, and 'left that one till last' :)

Can't wait to see the rhodium dial! The white will be a nice rep to have too.

Hopefully they'll get the brushed satin finish that you get with the rhodium dial.

P1010470.jpg

Absolutely :) Given the finish of the less accurate Yacht-Masters, I would think that they would be able to replicate it easily enough, I think the real question though, is, given the popularity of the watch, might this be one which gets a 'basic' release, only for a V2, V3 Ultimate V released in quick succession :D

:lol:

The factory is wasting all their time with these other models, if nobody buys them, they may not bother with the silver dial version, thinking there is no interest! :p

The only one I am waiting for is the silver version too, somebody should tell Hont to put a word in with the factory, and to get the steel bracelet repped too ;)

:lol:

The factory is wasting all their time with these other models, if nobody buys them, they may not bother with the silver dial version, thinking there is no interest! :p

The only one I am waiting for is the silver version too, somebody should tell Hont to put a word in with the factory, and to get the steel bracelet repped too ;)

That's what makes me laugh too, I've seen a UN on Tony's site which I quite like (even though it's not the Rhodium dial) but it's only on the silicone strap, and I think I'd really only like it on the bracelet. I guess I could buy one of the other models which are on the bracelet, do a part swap, and then try and sell off the other one with the rubber strap installed :D

I really dislike the rubber strap, the lug > rubber/metal/rubber design looks strange, and I know it will not fit my smaller wrist well.....

I know what you mean about the look of the strap, it looks 'a bit forced' somehow... Oh well, I'm sure they'll get there in the end :)

Though Hont is not yet a recommended dealer here I think the UN lovers should check out his website.

As someone who had a semi-successful purchase from Hont.

Be informed, no PayPal or "regular CC" (hmmm site now shows Visa/MC). By the time you incur Western Union fees, etc, you might as well wait for our trusted cartel's to get a hold of these. Finally, it took almost a month after payment for the watch to ship. The watch received was, well, not to my standards.

YMMV....

As someone who had a semi-successful purchase from Hont.

Be informed, no PayPal or "regular CC" (hmmm site now shows Visa/MC). By the time you incur Western Union fees, etc, you might as well wait for our trusted cartel's to get a hold of these. Finally, it took almost a month after payment for the watch to ship. The watch received was, well, not to my standards.

YMMV....

:rofl::rofl:

I somehow feel let down by the new UN offerings... Maybe my expectations were too high? After the last Maxi Marine Divers, I was hoping that they'd continue the trend; it seems (at least to me) as though they took it down a few steps and gave us a piece they thought we'd 'settle' for instead of a piece we'd be extremely excited about...

Or, maybe my perception is just skewed...

I got one of these from Hont on special request a few weeks ago, which is essentially the UN's out by Hont now but with a different dial and hands.

Size, movement, bracelet, etc are the same as all these releases.

A really good rep for its price really, was pleasantly surprised. Clasp is a bit wonky and feels kinda weak, and apparently there is supposed to be lume, but maybe they ran out. Other wise the details are actually very well done. Numerals are well embossed and raised. Power reserve works and is actually quite good, which goes down around 1/4 over night but will charge up to almost full through out the day. AR also great.

Font color a bit light on my watch, but who is really going to notice? Having handled the real deal, its a really good approximation, and I'm really picky and will take 2-3 months just to decide whether or not to get a watch. Not really a super rep considering its a 100 USD watch compared to a 30,000 USD watch. I do wear it to work few times a week and it has great wrist presence.

post-17639-125131193715_thumb.jpg

post-17639-125131198764_thumb.jpg

Edited by monkeypie

good, i'll be getting th eroman numeral lmodels next

just cause its cheap doesn't mean it can't be super. seriously, what is so expensive about producing these?

my newbmariner is practically a super rep and it was 100 bucks

the AR is the key. its not fixable out here. also the rubber on the strap. wwe'll all know in the in the next few weeks as we get our watches.