When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn U2 GMT released

lanikai

Some more info on the GEN:

1. Sinn uses copper sulphate capsules to absorb humidity that may be present in the watch case. These capsules can help prevent fogging of the crystal when moving from hot to cold temperatures (or vice versa), and are part of Sinn's "Dry Hold" technology to provide a more stable environment for the movement. At first, these capsules show a light blue color, but over time will turn a dark blue as humidity is absorbed. These capsules should be changed in conjunction with the standard watch service intervals, which are typically every 4 to 6 years.

2. The "Ar" symbol on the dial originally stood for argon gas, but today refers to a Sinn mixture of inert gasses. These inert gasses are injected into the watch case once production is completed, and help to create a dry, corrosion-free environment.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a super rep cause the crown is 1mm low?

jeez you kids today are spoiled. 3 yrs ago we'd be drooling to pay 500 for this thing

there's only ONE UN I'm waiting for Pho.. and that will be hopefully out at the end of the year.. "hopefully"

L

wow -- i have to say i'm pretty surprised they finally repped a sinn :o

i'd be very interested to handle this watch in person -- the genuine is built like a tank (well technically, i guess more like a submarine given it is made with tegimented submarine steel :rolleyes:). i certainly could be wrong, but i'd be surprised if the rep has the same feel as the genuine....

deltatahoe

I'd be very surprised if they even bother to improve this model, look at the critique that the new Aquatimers got...and look where that got us: nowhere.

We've put up with much worse flaws in the past and I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over a gnats' whisker of difference here and there. It is after all only a replica of a Sinn! :Jumpy:

Some more reference pics :)

IMG_2248.jpg

U2.jpg

Is that writing on the dial between the 7 and 6 and between the 6 and 5?

Also not sure how easy of a fix it would be to get the faux Copper Sulfate capsule under the dial instead of on it. It would require drilling a hole into the dial and who knows how well the dial coating will hold up. You might get paint chipping off on the edges of the hole you try to drill.

Agree with everyone here. Wish that the 6 Copper Sulfate was below the dial. But really now - who the hell has heard of Sinn but a rare few - and who is going to know that it is in the wrong place.

I am curious about the bezel. Is it tight, or not. Hopefully given the way that it was constructed - it is well built.

It may be possible that the copper sulphate capsule mod I suggested really works: Just tried it on an old glossy rep submariner dial. IMO the glossy dials are more difficult to work on...

See how it looks (sorry for the bad pics, made them with my cell phone through a loupe...): Nothing chipped or scratched. A fifteen minute mod, actually.

33wmy60.jpg

It may be possible that the copper sulphate capsule mod I suggested really works: Just tried it on an old glossy rep submariner dial. IMO the glossy dials are more difficult to work on...

See how it looks (sorry for the bad pics, made them with my cell phone through a loupe...): Nothing chipped or scratched. A fifteen minute mod, actually.

33wmy60.jpg

Cool !! Well done !!

Well done mod. I guess this will come when they release V2. :)

I like this watch. Kind of different from all the others replicas. Looking forward to the first reviews.