When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A thought on the Top Gun

Jkay

I was looking at the Top Gun again today, and it occurred to me that I'd like it a lot more if you could buy it WITHOUT the white paint in the side-logo ... make it more low-profile .. not so shouty.

Anyone agree? Just a black engraving for TOP GUN .. no paint.

Loved the movie, hate the branding on the watch...makes it seem cheap to me, if you could get the watch without the logos, I'd buy it...but to me it just seems like a novelty watch...nothing special...but without the branding, it's a beautiful watch!

I like the idea with the blacked out Top-Gun actually...That would make it waay more understated!

Loved the movie, hate the branding on the watch...makes it seem cheap to me, if you could get the watch without the logos, I'd buy it...but to me it just seems like a novelty watch...nothing special...but without the branding, it's a beautiful watch!

I like the idea with the blacked out Top-Gun actually...That would make it waay more understated!

I agree, the little red plane is bad enough. Doesn't the gen have two planes?

• 2 weeks later...

How about an almost all-black 3717? :thumbsupsmileyanim: The wrist shot is from TZ. The watch shot is from a watch seller in Hong Kong. I don't have much information except it is a 46 mm Pilot's Double Chronograph and limited to 30 pieces :bounce:

- MONO

379903ceramicdoublechro.jpg

30 pieces.. what's the tag on it.. :black_eye:

How about an almost all-black 3717? :thumbsupsmileyanim: The wrist shot is from TZ. The watch shot is from a watch seller in Hong Kong. I don't have much information except it is a 46 mm Pilot's Double Chronograph and limited to 30 pieces :bounce:

- MONO

img0908h.jpg

379903ceramicdoublechro.jpg

IWC Z & C...that thing is the heat....smokin...must have rep!

Agree the Top Gun is nice and all but who wants to come off as a flyboy fanboy...

• 2 weeks later...

IWC atually came out with the non-branded ceramic Doppel about the same time as the top gun. The first generation of top gun was the standard 42mm chrono. The gen Top Gun chrono has fallen dramatically in price as the Doppel is the more sought after watch. And yeah, that logo thing is cheesy. You can now pick up the gen 42mm Top Gun chrono for not much more than a gen 3717.

How did my watch get posted on here without my consent!?? haha. That is probably the best looking pilot i`ve ever seen. I was on the fence a few months ago between my Skyland Blacksteel and the 44mm Top Gun.. very happy i got the skyland.. but if it had been between the Skyland Blacksteel and this beast.. i would`ve gone IWC!!! Sure this won`t ever come out as a replica. :-(