When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3-D Friday Wristies

freddy333

I really want 3D glasses to see this, this could potentially look very awesome. Although you need some kind of special camera or something to give the image real depth to make it look like the watch is sticking out from a wrist. I assume here you've used some kind of photoshop method or other program to transform a normal image into a 3D one?

Either way, coooool idea. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

No special equipment is required. A 3D pic is basically just 2 separate pics of the same image, each taken an inch or 2 to the left or right of the other, & then combined into a single pic. It is a bit more complicated, but not much. Anyone with access to a digital camera, an image editor (PS, PSP, etc) & the patience to experiment (until you get the images right) can do it.

Freddy, I have not worn 3-D glasses since viewing the classic Vincent Price movies of the 1950's.

Yes, I am that old.

And Lani, you continue to surprise me. I thought you were a Rolex kind of guy! But a really nice Pam in any case.

For myself, I will be wearing my genuine Sub this weekend.

post-180-125385336724_thumb.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Carl

Freddy, I have not worn 3-D glasses since viewing the classic Vincent Price movies of the 1950's.

Yes, I am that old.

And Lani, you continue to surprise me. I thought you were a Rolex kind of guy! But a really nice Pam in any case.

post-180-125385336724_thumb.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Carl

I go through phases Carl ..

the Vintage Rolex's have taken precedent lately..

is that a vintage UN ?? can't quite make it out..

L

Yes, I am that old.

Well, now you have a reason to relive your childhood. :whistling:

Ditto.

Looking good, Carl. :good:

Ubi - did some of the bezel paint wear away around 110/120 on your white? Or is that just an image artifact?

Just an effect from the shallow DoF...

Here's my 3-D attempt. You don't need 3-D glasses for this- Just let your eyes go cross. When you have your eyes adjusted so that the image on the left is sitting on top of the image on the right (or vice versa), it should appear to be 3 dimensional.

165203D.jpg