When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I found my beloved Franken Seamaster

triplehd

I was swapping watches out of the watch box and onto my watchwinder when i noticed - "WHERE THE F*@&$ IS MY SEAMASTER? Of course, the first thing i did was to ask my wife if she touched it - which was not received very well. I mean, i looked high and low all night till about 3 am this morning and still cannot find it. When i woke up today, i really thought it was a bad dream, but to no avail, the watch was not in my watch box or my watch winder. I really have a sickening feeling to my stomach. This was my very first rep that i had modded throughout the years (gen dial, gen hands, Chief's original A/R, chief's new A/R, different inserts and most importantly - the elusive and rare closed case).

Here's a pic:

IMG_0838.jpg

I went looking in every jacket, suit pants pocket (even though i know i wouldnt leave them in a jacket pocket) but still nothing. My wife had asked if i may have accidentally sent it out by mistake and i said no, even though i had to think really hard for about 10-15 minutes. I mean, how does a watch just disappear? I know if i dont put my watches away, i may leave them on my nightstand or on my shelf in my bedroom. Looked high and low - behind and under the bed, under the cushions and under the sofas, in the kitchen, my TV and liquor cabinets - nothing. It was to the point that i even asked my dog if she had eaten it :).

FOUND

:mellow:

Very sorry to hear this.

It reminds me of something that happened to me some years ago: I own a Gen vintage IWC with handwinding movement. After moving to another city I couldn't find it anywhere anymore. It was given to me to my 18th birthday by my mother, so naturally I was devastated. After a few weeks the pain got less and I got a Max Bill Junghans handwind watch from my mother, who couldn't see me being depressed over my loss. I liked it very much, but it lacked the charms of the vintage IWC).

Three years later I decided (for the umpteenth time) to loose a few stones, which amazingly worked for once (my then-girlfriend leaving me sure helped). I then found it very pleasing to put on clothes I hadn't worn for a long, fat time. I also tried on an old dinner jacket I'd nearly forgotten. Guess what I found in the inner pocket of that jacket? I'd put it there to protect it while moving. Very stupid!

Today I'm back to normal size, but at least I still have my IWC.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, sometimes little miracles happen. ;)

Val.

Many thanks Val...that's what my wife keeps telling me as well - that it will eventually turn up.

I should be receiving my new A/R Crystals from Chief to install on my other closed case SMPs...maybe that will cheer me up a bit ????

if it didn't get stolen then it didn't grow legs and run away- it'll turn up.

couch cushions

its waterproof I assume but maybe it was taken off by a sink/pool/tub?

back porch? grill?

take it off to mow the lawn? sitting in the garage? on a workbench?

take it off at a friends house?

take it off at work to prevent desk diving?

is it in a parts box/watch box/ other watch designated area?

drive a manual? around the shift [censored]?

put it on the nightstand in the throws of passion knock it off behind the bed? Behind/under the bed period?

bottom of washing machine?

wives purse?

Years ago I bought one of those Casios that looks sort of like a blue dialed Submariner to use as a beater. I was cleaning up my gargage and remember taking it off and hanging it on something....and never saw it again. Thank goodness I did that with a Casio and not one of my gens! :pardon:

I hope you find it soon.....I swear I had nothing to do with it! :whistling:

:bleh:

I am always losing watches short term but they always turn up sooner or later (apart form a timex iron man I lost 2 weeks after my 2 year old bought it for my birthday). Do you play sports? When I play football I always take my watch off and put it in a different place so not to make it easy for me to find. The following are some of my favourite places to hide things from myself.

Inside a shoe (wrapped in a sock)

In 1 of the countless pockets of my sports bag

In 1 of the compartments in my car.

In a jacket pocket

If it is not in one of the above my son (who is now 4) has usually taken it to use as the Omnitrix so it could be anywhere.

I hope it turns up soon I really do.

Cheers,

Paul

Oh dayum trip, what a beauty! Hope it turns up. Sorry.

take it off to mow the lawn? sitting in the garage? on a workbench?

THAT'S ME!! 9 out of 10 my watch goes 'missing'.

One evening I was cooking dinner. The dog usually patrols the area waiting for something to drop. I pulled the trash can out from underneath the sink to toss some potato peelings. The dog had eye contact and was working her mojo with wagging tail. When I tossed a handful of peelings in the trash, she cocked her head and her ears pricked up. Hmmmm, that's odd behaviour. Early the next morning, sitting at the comp in my skivvies, scratching my butt I heard the air brakes of the trash truck coming down the street. "Hmmmm, they're early I thought, maybe I'm late, what time is it anyway?" I glanced down at my Sub, which was gone. I remembered the dog. I put it together, and hauled ass down the driveway taking back my trash. The springbar gave out when I tossed the peels. I threw away my watch. The dog reacted to the 'thud' or the sight of the watch leaving my wrist. Got it back. Good doggie.

Well, the excuse "my dog ate my homework" didnt work too well for most of us growing, but.....

THE DOG TOOK MY WATCH !!!! How do I know you may ask? Because it was hidden under my son's crib with 2 of her bones. (She likes to hide bones from my other dog). Don't ask me how she got the watch (off my nightstand ????), but if this was her revenge for feeling neglected recently (my wife just gave birth to our first child last month), I better hide all my watches !!!!

The watch has been found and is safely on my wrist. Thanks to all for your well wishes and kind words.

Let this be a lesson to everyone :)