When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Going Paintballing - What Should I Wear?

Toadtorrent

I've never played in the cold...but in SoCal I always wore double layers (double long sleeve t-shirts) and jeans...the paintballs may be harder since there frozen...so planing accordingly...you'll probably end up with some small welts and bruises that you'll wonder where they came from...the adrenaline masks the initial pain :)

Tell you what Toadtorrent, if you shave your nut, make sure you wear a baseball cap and if you try sneaking up on an enemy position on your belly, make sure that your [censored] is down nice and low. I can testify to the pain of an exploding paintball on the top of the bonce and my [censored] being used for target practice - It [censored] hurts and the bruises stay for weeks. Two or three light layers and your camo gear should be enough to take the worst of the sting out. And for [censored]'s sake don't wear high heel sling backs.

I was going to suggest from presonal experience a box, but its already been suggested, I would take it seriously....it really frickin hurts... also a scarf of some sort for your neck as getting shot here might take you back to your schooldays as the resulting bruise looks like a lovebite (UK slang) or hickey? (US slang) and your other half wont let you forget it...again from experience

and never never never lift your goggles.

my bro went balling once nd watched a bloke snap his leg, he was running through the trees and his foot stepped over a log, but his knee was stopped from forward motion by another log....his momentum carried his body onward the scream could be heard for miles

but have fun fella, get them before they get you...

Edited by dolphinfreindly

Boy...this is sounding...ummmm.interesting. Crap. I'm in so much trouble. Where's all the SAS / Ranger / SWAT training I never had?

Neck guard is sounding good. I have balaclava now...fleece, so some padding...a tough shelled fleece jacket which hopefully will provide decent energy dispersion, and some tough double layer pants.

It's all neutral grey...not quite camo...so hopefully I'm not that visible. Yikes!!

The sad thing is some of the guys are in fact trained ETF folks...lots of surgeons on deck as well...so we'll be heavily covered on the compound fracture and trauma treatment end.