When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Saturday W>C

lanikai

So Emily decided that the DJ was 'too masculine' for her. I'd already decided that, in factory condition it was too blingy for my taste, so I decided to press ahead with my wood vinyl experiment :yeah:

I am not happy with the outcome of this test, as, through my own stupidity, the 8 marker got snapped, so I had to use glue to actually hold it in place <_< That has really irritated me, as the other markers went back smooth as silk... Oh well, V2.0 can only be better :)

Here it is...

DSCN2492.jpg

Too bad about that 8 marker TeeJay. I have suffered similar cock-ups in my time.

Keep the faith, and don't give up! :victory:

Thanks, R, it's just frustrating, as the project was going well until that point. It didn't help that Emily was trying to demand my attention, despite seeing I was busy, so that took my mind off the task just enough that I failed to realize that I'd missed out one of the mounting holes in the dial... That aside, I do like how the rest of the dial looks color-wise, and I'm surprized how darkening the dial from the Rhodium dial, has made the watch much less 'blingy'. I have a few ideas to salvage the project tomorrow, which would be similar to the black-dialled 'mystery', with just the Rolex Coronet at 12. Ultimately, I will perform a full dial transplant for one with the rectangular luminous markers, but I want the watch to at least be wearable until then, and I wouldn't really consider it wearable at present :lol: