When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reception Omega Seamaster 300 Date Vintage - Eurotimez

vumer

Good points

Open 6 and 9s

Flat top to the As on the case back engraving

No stubbies behind the lume markers

bad points

date is to far in board

The case back looks a too flat

Engraving looks laser engraved where the gen would have been stamped

Is there a non date version?

some great info can be found here

Great pic's Vumer, thank you for sharing!

And yes, FxrAndy, we surely have a non-date version of this one. You can look at our pictures of in if you go into the flash gallery on our website: http://www.eurotimez88.com/index.php?osCsid=0ae060f33eaf862dd24ade51f5f8f8cf > New watches 2009 > om-vin-sea-300-no

Let me know if I can help you out further!

Great pic's Vumer, thank you for sharing!

And yes, FxrAndy, we surely have a non-date version of this one. You can look at our pictures of in if you go into the flash gallery on our website: http://www.eurotimez88.com/index.php?osCsid=0ae060f33eaf862dd24ade51f5f8f8cf > New watches 2009 > om-vin-sea-300-no

Let me know if I can help you out further!

I must be stupid, but I can't find that watch on the website.

Forgive my vintage Omega ignorance, but what is the biggest inaccuracy on this? Case shape?

It's the lugs, mostly. I think the rep looks pretty good when you're looking straight at the dial, but turn it on its side and it scarcely resembles the real thing. The rep is based on a modern Speedmaster case, and the lugs are consequently too thick. The distance between the front of the bezel and the front of the lugs should be about the same as the thickness of the lugs. On the rep, the bezel is almost flush. Another big issue is the caseback, which is one of the worst I've seen on an Omega rep. (Good thing the NATO strap covers it!) Finally, I'm pretty sure the second hand ought to be white, not chrome.

On the other hand, the dial is better than most of the ones on the fake SM300s being sold on eBay, and the domed acrylic shows it off nicely. It's a handsome piece overall and if the dealers would offer a non-date, non-Big Triangle dial, I'd be tempted.