When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Franken UPO! (Fully modded by my own fair hands!)

danza1812

I have posted many topics about the mods I have made to my UPO to show off this watch along the way.

Each time I claimed to have completed my mod project, but each time i found myself wanting to go the next step!

The project over 6 months has cost a few pounds, but it's not as noticeable over time and I have enjoyed the challenge and reward of carrying out the mods myself.

I must add, I am a novice, it is down to threads from Ubiquitous, Pugwash and many others that have given me the courage to attempt these 'operations' myself!

So now I think I have finished and here she is:

She is sporting:

1. used gen bezel insert,

2. gen dial,

3. gen hands,

4. gen crystal,

5. gen crown and tube,

6. gen datewheel and

7. a nice rep rubber strap (maybe to be replaced by a gen strap of some kind!!)

Picture138.jpg

Picture137.jpg

Picture136.jpg

Picture135.jpg

I have to say IMO each mod is well worth it in its own right, even subtle mods like the datewheel and crown and tube, give it that slightly more crisp finish, If people ask if my watch is genuine, I will tell them no, because its not....but actually most of it is apart from the case and the movement!

I think it looks great. It's progressed very well, and you are absolutely correct- Each step adds just a little more refinement. It's not so much about the cost of such projects in my opinion (after all, a gen is easily obtained at pricing that is probably close to a build), but rather the fun one can have in putting something like this together. Those that get it, get it. Those that don't understand just miss out on one of the best aspects of this hobby :)

• 2 weeks later...

Where does one find the parts to do this? I have a UPO that came with the 12 o'clock marker crooked.

The normal parts vendors have Omega watch parts. They are not rare and hard to find like other watch parts.

Ofrei .. Cousins .. you can simply order the parts; no magic or begging needed.

Job well done my friend, :thumbsupsmileyanim: you should be proud, I know I would be. The thing I dont understand Is everytime someone puts there time, money and effort In these projects the first thing they do Is turn around and sell the dam thing. I dont get It :unsure: Mike (ps) no disrespect to the op, I just dont get It. :huh:

Hi Matt.

Nice piece, and kudos for doing it yourself.

I have one similar but I chickened out and had the Master do the work for me.

I am intrigued by your crystal comment. I have chiefs AR and it's brilliant but I have wondered

about the difference in optical quality. You have both so would you mind elaborating

on the differences?

Cheers,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...