When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How much do you spend on reps?

lufcmattylad

Well, I'm new here so not the best example but I've spent $1200 since starting in Ausgust this year.

Yikes, that's really too much. I need slow down/get a grip/get help. I do some nice new watches though

:p

Edit: It's exactly $1126 USD on four watches, I have two more on the way that I didn't count.

there's absolutely no conceivable way i would EVER answer this question "publicly"... because should my significant other ever search me out, i would be living on the streets with nothing on but an overcoat stuffed with watches... :black_eye:

R-

LOL :rofl: I heard that!!! In one of year collecting ... I added it up' and listed it on a spread sheet, and i was sick.....!

Edited by hpy540

If I'd add up all my purchases over 5 years I've been around in this rep thing it would definately be a lot.

But what I like about reps is how suprisingly well they can hold their value. If you work out a nice relation with a dealer which helps you get watches at a discounted price you can get it, play with it for a while and if you don't like it you can always sell it here with very small loss... we have huge number of members here so most of the time the watch dissapears from sales section in 3 days tops. It really helps to choose what you really like without loosing big bucks if what you get does not work for you.

Including straps for the Panerais, some costing about as much as the watch themselves, about $5,000.00 minimum.

My wife of 24 years who left me recently points to the time I began my rep watch collecting as when I went "Beserk"

and everything went bad, in her valuable opinion. While I am in deep grief over the loss, it is probably for the best, as she was a cruel, controlling wench.black_eye.gif

knock knock!

I've spent way less than you guys. Because I make way less money.

Hambone you got issues. But you already know that. :bicycle:

My little collection don't look too bad. I've got rid of most anything I don't truly want. "If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't." :drinks:

SDC10017.jpg

If I'd add up all my purchases over 5 years I've been around in this rep thing it would definately be a lot.

But what I like about reps is how suprisingly well they can hold their value. If you work out a nice relation with a dealer which helps you get watches at a discounted price you can get it, play with it for a while and if you don't like it you can always sell it here with very small loss... we have huge number of members here so most of the time the watch dissapears from sales section in 3 days tops. It really helps to choose what you really like without loosing big bucks if what you get does not work for you.

i totally agree maciek. and this is how i keep my spending under control. any watches that i buy and do not get wrist time for one reason or another, are instantly put up for sale. i try to keep my collection to around six watches (see current list below). this way i have a small but solid collection to choose from. so, to answer the question ... how much money do i spend on watches? if i added up all my purchases over the years, it would be well into the tens of thousands. but at the same time, if i added up the watches i've sold, the number would be very similar. this way my hobby continues to be fun and affordable. all the best!

rep ap roo rose gold rubberclad

rep breitling skyland blacksteel

rep iwc big pilot 5004

gen omega planet ocean

gen oris r-4118 flight timer

gen panerai 091

rep rolex gmt master 2 ceramic