When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eurotimez DSSD with DG4813 movement

Gadget Man

After many weeks of waiting (I order on 6th October) my watch arrived on Thursday (12th November).

I ordered the V5 and requested it to be fitted with the high beat DG4813 (it is $178 plus shipping) and after a long wait it finally arrived.

Here are some pics I have just taken

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

i will take some lume pics later if anyone is interested, but it has been seen before and it is a nice blue.

Great Pics, Nice watch. Thanks.

How is the movement and was there any reason you made that specific change apart from the obvious.

The movement is keeping great time, within 5 seconds per 24 hours so far and the reason for my choice of movement was that I already have a V4 with an asian 2836 fitted and I wanted to see if there was any noticable difference in the sweeps. To be honest I cannot tell any difference so at $110 cheaper for this version it makes sense to me.

Plus if it ever fails they are easy and cheap to buy.

GadgetMan did you replace the super-thick DSSD crystal with a thin version to take these photos?

I'm betting "no". Looks like they went back to the V3 crystal.

The thickness actually has nothing to do with the distortion on the first V5 crystal--it was because both the top and bottom of the crystal were domes, instead of only domed on the top, like the V3.

Looks better than the old V5, GM. Congrats!

Any chance of getting a lume shot?...

Gadget, I'm so jealous of your crystal your watch looks noticeably better than mine from just a month ago! That's what I get for being an "early adopter", never again. :-\ I guess I'll have to start thinking about a crystal...

I still have a question for any DSSD "Expert" - I notice on my V5 the He valve can still be depressed from the outside which to me seems just wrong. I am betting this one should also be epoxied even before hitting the shower or washing hands?

Here is a pic of my old V4 (on the left) next to my new (budget) V5, the difference with the glass is quite significant in the flesh, it almost looks as though the new V5 has AR on it (although its hard to see in the pic)

IMG_1070.jpg

and here is a lume pic as requested by Gioarmani

IMG_1078.jpg

If you want to see the sweep of the second hand on this highbeat DG4813 you can see it here:

Sweeping second hand video

Dont know why but vid wouldnt play. I tried a few others in right hand box, they worked OK. Is it me?

It is just you, the sweep looks awesome by the way.

I actually like this movement better than the clone ETA, they are excellent! I bought a pair of these from ETz and put one in my SSD. It was a fantastic and cheap upgrade. These should be pretty reliable too, I took apart the backup movement and it was immaculately clean and well lubed.

Let it break in, and then regulate it, you will be amazed at how close you can get to COSC. Mine is consistently running +1.5 secs a day, every day.

Jack

Edited by Jack1024

and here is a lume pic as requested by Gioarmani

IMG_1078.jpg

I am waiting for mine 2 arrive...

I love the lume shot!

The hand are not the same blue collar as the dial. Is this because the of the "bad" charge? i notice that on the pics of the other dealers. hands and dial are the same blue color. ( or is that photoshoped?) :)

Tnx.

E.

After many weeks of waiting (I order on 6th October) my watch arrived on Thursday (12th November).

Hmmm... I ordered mine on the 26th October and have only just received the pics.

Anyway, the HEV looks very different to the one on my ultimate. Can it be depressed or is it locked tight?

Great watch BTW, Congrats!

I am waiting for mine 2 arrive...

I love the lume shot!

The hand are not the same blue collar as the dial. Is this because the of the "bad" charge? i notice that on the pics of the other dealers. hands and dial are the same blue color. ( or is that photoshoped?) :)

Tnx.

E.

No the lume shot is not photoshopped its just as it appears in the photo after 45 seconds of charge.

Most of the blue lume watches I have had I have found that the hands glow brighter than the rest of the watch, although it's not quite as different as it looks in the photo but nevertheless there is a difference.