When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Macros; post 'em if you've got 'em.

ubiquitous

I have never taken macros as I don't find that photography style very fascinating. But your pics are very cool... excellent quality. They're a nice way to demonstrate the fine details in genuines (and genuine parts).

Nikon for me 60mm Nikor Marco and 105mm Sima Marco lens... manual focus for the macs

I like to utilize the natural light for effect, I've gotten away from studio lighting and hot box set up.. and just use different objects to block light at times.. technique ?? dunno .. just go by feel, some dials are more fun than others..

it's gotten more than just shooting pics for me.. it's another hobby born out of my watch hobby ..the macro lens adds more depth of field than the regular lens .. so the macro lens stays on my camera most of the time..

AC

Lani

Great photos, all.

It's interesting that no tools or techniques are ever mentioned.

Carl

The setup for the shot I posted is kind of elaborate. I'm using a 55mm nikkor macro mounted in reverse on the end of a bellows. This lets you get to extreme magnification, but so little light is hitting the camera sensor that it's almost impossible to focus. In that shot I have a very bright high intensity discharge lamp pointed on the subject for focusing, then switch to a ring flash for the exposure.