When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I"m trough with it!

Maxfly

I am trough with it. In one year I bought 3 reps and spend almost +1000 euro's (1486 dollars)!

I bought the watches in good trust at "trusted" dealers. First one (Ultimate DSSD, was not an ultimate, was a version 3! It's only because of this forum that I discovered it. Bracelet fell off, watch damaged etc. Second watch a "Rolex" LV (also a supreme, broke after a week. Crystal and bezel fell off after a week. A well known forum member, discovered that inside the watch was a fake ETA. Supposed to be a gen ETA. Now my so called Super sea dweller (1 month old) has got a gap, the size of a toothpick on the SEL. I went to a friendly watchsmit this afternoon and he discovered that all the lugholes have different spacing. In fact one pushpin is so completely bent to make it fit that It's only a question of time that the pushpin will brake. I am fed up with the stories about QC and service. Feels more like, take the money and run!

For the money I spend on all these pieces off crap I almost could have bought me a second hand gen!

I 've had it and wish you all happy holidays and thanks for the great articles.

Maxfly

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.........but this $hit happens a lot in this hobby! Hope things will change for the better for you!

cHEERS! AND Hope your day will be better than your watches! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hike

Sends all the parts to me. I'm sure I can make use of them. ;)

Hey.........I replied first! Not fair! Oh well.........maybe I'll send you one of those Florida Rattler! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers and enjoy your Sunny weekend!

Hike

I am sorry to hear about your problems. :(

I think I'm done buying reps too, but I cannot stay away from this lovely forum.

I also love browsing the dealer sites to see what's new.

The main reason is that I haven't bought a watch in almost a year, is the tight Swedish customs.

Yeah, I know there are European dealers as well. It's just that I haven't ordered from them yet. (a paradox, I know :p )

you have to take the marketing announcements with a grain of salt.. like the Ford commercials .. the way they talk their trucks are supposed to withstand anything.. yeah right.. 5 years tops before it's in the shop more than on the road..

With that said, we are still dealing with and will always deal with issues ,... these watches are replications.. and although they are reaching an apex will never stand up 100 to the real deal.

As I've said before, genuine' are what they are.. buy one put it on, and your done,.. reps are a starting point, and at times a challenge..

Have the happiest of Holiday's ,.. be safe,. visit the forum now and again.. you may come across something that grabs ya.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

I am sorry to hear about your problems. :(

I think I'm done buying reps too, but I cannot stay away from this lovely forum.

I also love browsing the dealer sites to see what's new.

The main reason is that I haven't bought a watch in almost a year, is the tight Swedish customs.

Yeah, I know there are European dealers as well. It's just that I haven't ordered from them yet. (a paradox, I know :p )

I am talking about european dealers! I live in Europe.

you have to take the marketing announcements with a grain of salt.. like the Ford commercials .. the way they talk their trucks are supposed to withstand anything.. yeah right.. 5 years tops before it's in the shop more than on the road..

With that said, we are still dealing with and will always deal with issues ,... these watches are replications.. and although they are reaching an apex will never stand up 100 to the real deal.

As I've said before, genuine' are what they are.. buy one put it on, and your done,.. reps are a starting point, and at times a challenge..

Have the happiest of Holiday's ,.. be safe,. visit the forum now and again.. you may come across something that grabs ya.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

May god bless you! You're a kind man!

Sorry to hear - as a noob here I'd hate to run into that kind of trouble like your experiences with those ultimate perfect super final edition 1:1 reps. I guess we all must expect a fair bit of trouble when buying knock offs at 1/10 the price of genuine goods.

But sticking to genuine watches will not keep you entirely out of trouble though

I've had a couple of Navitimers that fell apart, steamed up and one where suddenly the bracelet came off in 100 parts. Those were all genuine Breitling quality! - Partly because of my bad experienses with those I'm now into reps... :whistling:

You might consider selling your "collection" on the forum - someone could surely use or mend the watches. Have a nice weekend ;)

For the money I spend on all these pieces off crap I almost could have bought me a second hand gen!

Maxfly

True , ..true, obsoletely true. B)

In acts your fact, ... this is what I am doing lately.

Rather than 5 reps a year (2 of 3 of which they were coming with one problem or another), I now buy one gen second hand and only one rep.

It took me 7 years and dozen of watches to get that point though :bangin:

Hint: To get better lack, buy from other (trusted) members and from Precious Time (since you are in EU).

Thanks all for your response. All the watches where bought from eu sellers. The point I want to make is this: i know when buying a rep you can face some problems, can also happen with a gen.

To give you all an example, this the reaction I got from my dealer about the fake ETA:

"Are you sure that base movement was not swiss

>

> There are swiss Base movements with some Asian Components installed

>

> Infact almost all Swiss reps now have base movement but have a couple

> of asian parts also included as you ETA do not supply these movements

> anymore.

>

> The Asian ETA is all 100% cloned, but a lot of the swiss ETA movements

> are assembled with some asian parts.

>

> if you can send me a picture of the movement i can query it with factory.

>

> You must understand i do not open watches when i receive them. This

> would break the pressure seal if any... and with the amount of items i

> ship i cannot open every single watch.

>

> The only time i open a watch is if a customer asks me to take a

> picture of the movement.">

This afternoon i went realy nuts when my watchmaker told me that each spacing on my super sea dweller is different. Thats why the SEL's won't fit.

Mind you, i'm not talking about cheap watches, 225 euro or more, is about $300

I will take my loss and buy a sec hand Planet Ocean.

Thanks all for your response. All the watches where bought from eu sellers. The point I want to make is this: i know when buying a rep you can face some problems, can also happen with a gen.

To give you all an example, this the reaction I got from my dealer about the fake ETA:

"Are you sure that base movement was not swiss

>

> There are swiss Base movements with some Asian Components installed

>

> Infact almost all Swiss reps now have base movement but have a couple

> of asian parts also included as you ETA do not supply these movements

> anymore.

>

> The Asian ETA is all 100% cloned, but a lot of the swiss ETA movements

> are assembled with some asian parts.

>

> if you can send me a picture of the movement i can query it with factory.

>

> You must understand i do not open watches when i receive them. This

> would break the pressure seal if any... and with the amount of items i

> ship i cannot open every single watch.

>

> The only time i open a watch is if a customer asks me to take a

> picture of the movement.">

This afternoon i went realy nuts when my watchmaker told me that each spacing on my super sea dweller is different. Thats why the SEL's won't fit.

Mind you, i'm not talking about cheap watches, 225 euro or more, is about $300

I will take my loss and buy a sec hand Planet Ocean.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Any 'pressure seal' will be re-set when the caseback is replaced (unless the process were to somehow shred the gasget...)

Just bad luck, part and parcel of this hobby, contact the dealer/s involved ;)

However the watches you mention are not particularly accurate, and it seems you over payed too. The "ultimate" or "perfect" LV, and Sea Dweller sold by the dealers here are average reps accuracy wise, and usually overpriced..... However WM9 makes (or will soon make) the same watches to a much better degree of accuracy, those are the watches you should have purchased. The watchmaker9 Yachtmaster for example is the best Rolex rep you can buy! :D

As for the DeepSea rep, none of them are accurate, they all have different flaws. Why buy just Rolex reps? There are other brands, get a Breitling, Chopard, Tag, Hublot, or one of the many other brands, there are some amazing reps out there, and if you must have Rolex, search for WM9 (watchmaker9) he makes the best Rolex replicas by a long, long way....

Cheers! B)