When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches for Two?

cdk847

Ok, so I opened my big mouth and told my girlfriend she needs a new watch. I was fishing for Christmas gift ideas, and her current timepiece is a 5 year old $50 Guess. Could use an upgrade...

Well, her response is that we should get matching watches... :angry::shock: It's hard enough to find a decent ladies rep, let alone one that has a matching male counterpart. I would prefer quartz, at least for hers, for all of the reasons stated about ladies reps.

Any advise on a good ladies rep that has a nice Mens counterpart?? I saw the "Couples Watches" on WatchEden, but most look like crap.

Thanks so much....

The Rolex Masterpiece is a very nice rep in both ladies and mens. Automatic however. The only other option I could think of is the tag link, or if you can convince her that larger watches are the trend for women these days (is is you know) get matching Daytonas, yachtmasters or anything else for that matter. Just buy two.

The Rolex Masterpiece is a very nice rep in both ladies and mens. Automatic however. The only other option I could think of is the tag link, or if you can convince her that larger watches are the trend for women these days (is is you know) get matching Daytonas, yachtmasters or anything else for that matter. Just buy two.

That was my first plan... But she is so small, that even my Datejust rep is wider than her wrist. :thumbdown: I will look into the Tag Link. If I am not mistaken, the Masterpiece is the one in your Avatar & Signature?? I like that too, but might be too much for me to pull off.

I agree I would go with TAG link. Or Hublot Big Bang get her the 38mm and you can choose 41, 45, 48 depending on your wrist. Also there are a lot of variations in finishes to be the same but different if you know what I mean.... Also the good reps but can be pricey. Got good build, accurate, double AR etc

Go look at Andrew or josh etc

Good luck

I had to ease my girl into the hobby and watches in general. First step was a Cartier santos 100 xl for me, tank francaise for her. That's something dainty that sort of got her into the idea of, I don't know, watches as couture I guess.

Now she's very on-board and we're often both wearing Panerais, which I happen to find dead sexy on a lady.

Does it have to match formally? Because I would say get a set of Franck Mullers... the women's reps are very good and the options for men are varied enough that you should be able to pick one you enjoy. I think it's silly to have matching watches but hey, what do I know?

Good luck on your search but do you really want to have matching watches? It sounds so .... I dont know but It sounds so "kreepy". No offense but I would feel really uncomfortable wearing matching watches with my significant other. I guess I just get this picture In my head of two people running around going " hey look at us, we have matching watches, are they not wonderful"? :wounded1: The horror of It all. :shock: Im sorry It's a personal thing, nothing against you of course. Like stated earlier " what do I know" :pardon: Mike

I agree that it is a bit "much" as far as ideas go. But when women think something is a good idea, they can be very persuasive. These are all good ideas. I'm going to look into all of them and see what I like best. Also, I might just buy a Ladies Datejust Rep - White Face on an Oyster Bracelet. Close enough to my EXP II. Just have to explain the concept of the self-winding watch. Who knows, maybe the whole thing will blow over... :whistling:

Just have to explain the concept of the self-winding watch. Who knows, maybe the whole thing will blow over...

I bought my mom a gen Rolex a few years ago. I set it and wound it before I gave it to her. SHe didn't wear it for a couple of days and called me to say it stopped working. That concept is not easy to explain. :lol:

My wife wants a Bell& Ross, now i have to look to find one for her, but 42mm is really big in my opinion.

Have a look for the BR-S models, I think they're 39mm?

Some good suggestions in this thread though.

If you (she... lol) want completely matching watches, you could get the large and the tiny size Yachtmasters, or there are ladies and mens sized Omega Aqua Terras?

I've posted a thread somewhere reviewing the one I bought for my missus :)

Email Mary at watchinternational with what you're looking for and she should be able to sort you out! I reckon you could get a ladies and mens Omega AT for under

I agree that it is a bit "much" as far as ideas go. But when women think something is a good idea, they can be very persuasive. These are all good ideas. I'm going to look into all of them and see what I like best. Also, I might just buy a Ladies Datejust Rep - White Face on an Oyster Bracelet. Close enough to my EXP II. Just have to explain the concept of the self-winding watch. Who knows, maybe the whole thing will blow over... :whistling:

If I were In your shoes(my feet would be killing me, I wear a size 14) ;) I would feel the same way. Sometimes we do things we would normally not do. Got to keep the little laddie happy :D That way she will hopefully keep you happy :drinks: Mike

The Tag link is a great one, speak to Narikaa, he has some killer ladies Tags! The mens Tags are always a good deal, gotta love the Heuers!!

Not sure on the J12 idea, I have the large black one and I'm not too keen on it, think I have worn it maybe twice in the year or so I've had it!

Omega is another goody, like the Tags, can look great in both sizes!!

Are you getting matching track suits and wooly jumpers too?!? ;):p

Sixx :bones: