When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paris Gtg

Pugwash

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds nice have to join you guys once... maybe we once there'll be a big meeting with Halley and so on... but hope you guys have a nice evening... :drunk:

Update:

Some misguided demonic succubus from hell just woke me up with a cold-call about buying storm windows. Despite my discomfiture - these idiots call you 24-hours around the clock, probably from some secret base on another planet - I nevertheless politely explained that I live in a windowless underground bunker before hanging up.

But before falling back into the fitfull comatose state that I call sleep, I'd like to thank Pug (once again) and Golfman (the first gen Frenchie to attend the Paris GTGs) for being nice enough to come all the way out to Montparnasse in Golfman's chauffeur-driven Morbach, thus eliminating the need for ryyannon to displace his ancient bones much further that the usual limits of his Parisian universe - an approximate 100-metre radius from the underground bunker mentioned above.

It was another far-ranging and eventful evening, involving at least one table-change as we retreated into the interior of the Café Select for a modest but much-appreciated dinner. Aside from you-know-what, the conversation topics of this newest Paris GTG included Pugwash's presentation of the Magic Bullet Theory in imaginary 3-D; a short discussion of snipers and sniping; ryyannon's regret at never having been sollicited to work for Executive Outcomes (which his befuddled brain confused with an entity of his own imagination called 'Final Solutions'; ryyannon's refutation of Pug's assertion last week that pigeons carrying fleas were - along with rats - responsible for spreading the Black Plague in Europe during the great epidemics; Golfman's well-bred and unspoken astonishment when he realized that he was in the presence of two total nuts - rather than just watch nuts - and his ongoing and valiant contributions just to keep the conversation from veering off into totally insane tangents, speaking of which, the conversation concerning the possible motivations behind Prikman's (or whatever his name is) detention of a young girl under his house in the suburbs of Vienna for eight years and his subsequent suicide after the escape of the latter, which very naturally segued into an examination of the probable (ryyannon - ever the optimist) or improbable (Pug & Golfman) Immanent End of the World; something about Pug's native Yorkshire being the birthplace of the Information Revolution - unless I've got it mixed up with the Industrial one; Golfman's uneasy confession - before he realized that the Brits don't chop off their King's heads (and that the culture and history-deficient Yanks never even had a king to chop the head off of) - that he was actually born in Versailles....

Ok, I think I've said enough here.... I can barely keep my eyes open - which is not a snide remark about last night's energy and interest-levels - I'll leave Pug and Golfman to fill you in with other exciting details.

Time to get a few winks.

Don't hold your breath, Ken.

Golfman - whom I strongly suspect of being a French intelligence agent - 'accidently' threw Pugs camera across the boulevard as soon as it appeared, explainng that the GAF and Richmont had planted a powerful bomb in it, timed to go off as soon as Pug took the first snapshot.

Pug took this quite good-naturedly, particularly since the camera was the equivalent of a 5-dollar Canal-Street rep which he had prudently thought to take along before taking out his real one - upon which he discovered that the hamsters in the circular cage that generated current for it had gone on strike, this being France and all....

All of which is to say, no pics this time :-(

And thanks, Golfman, for saving our lives!

I like the idea of some "get togethers" around the world. But I wonder if it ever works in Germany... ;)

Looks like you had fun together and I must second that I expected some younger guys... :whistling:

Maybe because of the fresh and young style to write ? :bleh:

Greetings

DJ

Where are you in germany remeber itis a big place, GTG is a good idea, PM or mail me if interested.

Well, I'm sorry it was too dark for me to make the effort to take pics, and I'm equally sorry that it's taken me this long to post a report.

It was an excellent evening and we even had dinner!

The surprise though was when Ryyannon pulled out a Genuine MoonWatch and I was able to compare it with my rep. There several glaring differences, but I found mine captured the essence of Moonitude that was needed. Golfie and me were wearing Panerais and Ryannon was wearing some unusual miniature French gen from the 20th Century.

Once again, our man Ryyannon came prepared with a spare Habana in his pocket, and it made a great accompaniment to the beer.

All in all, I'm sure we'll be having another one soon, and this time, Ryyannon, Golfie, Usil and myself will await the arrival of more locals.

*Pugwash raises his glass.*

Don't hold your breath, Ken.

Golfman - whom I strongly suspect of being a French intelligence agent - 'accidently' threw Pugs camera across the boulevard as soon as it appeared, explainng that the GAF and Richmont had planted a powerful bomb in it, timed to go off as soon as Pug took the first snapshot.

Pug took this quite good-naturedly, particularly since the camera was the equivalent of a 5-dollar Canal-Street rep which he had prudently thought to take along before taking out his real one - upon which he discovered that the hamsters in the circular cage that generated current for it had gone on strike, this being France and all....

:unsure: Were there drugs involved?

JTB

Pugwash, I was at the meet "in" Paris but you guys didnt show.

I ended up having fun all by myself. Lots of fun though, next time you need to be more specific!

115876-22760.jpg

How coud you miss us : we were outside, three people, many watches on the table, drinking beer, and Ryyanon smoked cigar as on pic !!! If you are wearing glasses, be sure that it's not rep !!! :D

Sorry I missed the second GTG. It sounded like fun. I did not get back last week until late Friday (paid 18 € for one beer in S. Marco Square in Venice). Yes, the picture od our GTG is typical Parisan and I highly recommend it for a vacation. I still can't believe they pay me to live here.

Usil

Edited by Usil

Well, Sunday was fun. Unfortunately we all had lives to get on with and couldn't waste the evening away in good company. Anyhow, as promised, here are two photos. The first is the reprobates known as Usil, Pugwash and Ryyannon. The second is the Paneraifest that was our wrists. I turned up with my Rolex GMT, but had to change to conform to the Paneraicult that controlled the table. :D

115909-22752.jpg

Damn, I need a haircut!

I think I got the same ducati shirt in black :D

And my hair also used to look like that, but ever since I got my hair cut by that freakish gothic girl, it looks.... well... different :bangin::lol:

Edited by slay