When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6538 project completed

forrestal

Hi guys, i have just completed my Rolex 6538 project.

- MBW case with sanded lugs

- NTD bezel with aged insert and genuine pearl

- Domed Plexy from my watchmaker

- 8 mm. Brevet big crown from Davidsen

- Real Bond NATO strap from Corvus.

Here is the evolution of project:

Watch non modded

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

glass.jpg

With new bezel and plexyglass

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

Finally complete with 8 mm. Brevet Crown and Corvus NATO strap

6538completedDSCF0007.jpg

6538completedDSCF0008.jpg

6538completed.jpg

coroncione.jpg

coroncione4.jpg

coroncione5.jpg

hi there love your pictures of your 6538 i too built a 6538 brevet crown sub, yukiwatch suppied me all the parts new a very nice and helpful guy1 6538 case including brevet crown,rolex original dial(refinished with guilt printing)gold 6538 hands the finnish was so good i decided to get a real 1030 cal rolex movement,after being out bid on ebay,i ask yukiwatch if he knew were could i get a 1030 rolex movement i was amazed when he told me he had one so my watch was complete my bond strap too is from corvus!

Hi guys, i have just completed my Rolex 6538 project.

- MBW case with sanded lugs

- NTD bezel with aged insert and genuine pearl

- Domed Plexy from my watchmaker

- 8 mm. Brevet big crown from Davidsen

- Real Bond NATO strap from Corvus.

Here is the evolution of project:

Watch non modded

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

glass.jpg

With new bezel and plexyglass

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

Finally complete with 8 mm. Brevet Crown and Corvus NATO strap

6538completedDSCF0007.jpg

6538completedDSCF0008.jpg

6538completed.jpg

coroncione.jpg

coroncione4.jpg

coroncione5.jpg

post-27094-126364983432_thumb.jpg

post-27094-126364995773_thumb.jpg

post-27094-126365009443_thumb.jpg

Edited by aeromatic

hi there love your pictures of your 6538 i too built a 6538 brevet crown sub............

I realize you are new, but please try to avoid re-quoting lengthy, picture-filled posts. There is no reason to force everyone to scroll half a page through a set of pics for a 2nd time. If you need something to reference, quote only the relevant text, or, if you need an image, just re-quote 1 pic.

Thank you & welcome.

I realize you are new, but please try to avoid re-quoting lengthy, picture-filled posts. There is no reason to force everyone to scroll half a page through a set of pics for a 2nd time. If you need something to reference, quote only the relevant text, or, if you need an image, just re-quote 1 pic.

Thank you & welcome.

Ok i dident intend to re-quote all pictures. in fact i was only intending to reply(my mistake) is there anyway of deleting/editing them?

Thanks

Edited by aeromatic

does anyone have any info on where i might find a brevet crown? i can't justify $800 but if there is a slightly more cost effective solution :whistling: then Im all ears :)

gorgeous watch by the way, really looking forward to getting my hands on my laterst acquisition :thumbsupsmileyanim:

congrats on a nice watch. as freddy said, i think a relume would cleary take the watch to a new level :tu:

quick question re: the 8mm brevet big crown -- does davidsen offer these as spares? i didn't realize he had access to these.

thanks in advance :victory:

deltatahoe

Yes, DSN sell 8mm brevet crown (with tube) as spares, too

hi there love your pictures of your 6538 i too built a 6538 brevet crown sub, yukiwatch suppied me all the parts new a very nice and helpful guy1 6538 case including brevet crown,rolex original dial(refinished with guilt printing)gold 6538 hands the finnish was so good i decided to get a real 1030 cal rolex movement,after being out bid on ebay,i ask yukiwatch if he knew were could i get a 1030 rolex movement i was amazed when he told me he had one so my watch was complete my bond strap too is from corvus!

Thanks for your appreciations. I love the yuki 6538 set, but it is too much expensive for me. I would like to see best photos of your 6538, nevertheless...

Thanks for your appreciations. I love the yuki 6538 set, but it is too much expensive for me. I would like to see best photos of your 6538, nevertheless...

Yes i think you did well with the ageing, i did this on a comex but i will not do this to the yuki set i would like to get a cheaper 6538 rep to age and use this for everyday use i will post best picture as soon as i get a good cam.

does anyone have any info on where i might find a brevet crown? i can't justify $800 but if there is a slightly more cost effective solution :whistling: then Im all ears :)

gorgeous watch by the way, really looking forward to getting my hands on my laterst acquisition :thumbsupsmileyanim:

HI there yukiwatch.com has the brevet crown and tube 280usd these are made to fit on gen 6538 i purchase all my parts from yuki

Hello

These are nice photos too you have a great bond watch there ,may i ask what camera you use?

i have seen matt varnish used before on dials and hands but i would recommend a waterbased varnish only.

i have toned down a dial by using rubbing compound or by rubbing the crystal with some fine wirewool

this way you dont have to risk damage to your dial and if you dont like it polish it back up!

Edited by aeromatic