When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ask a member...

hackR

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

this post was dangerously close to slipping to page 2...

I fished it on page 4 now, actually! Come on guys! There's a lot missing and this is a great thread!

Will the guys called out show their favourite pieces? I would love to see some more! :)

Val.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright Ubi...I hope I don't disappoint!!!!

1. 6538 4-liner...I...like you don't like the beat look

P1013623.jpg

2. 9411...why do YOU think I like it so much?:rolleyes:

P1013625.jpg

3. 1655 MkIII...it was and still is a labor of love

P1013628.jpg

4. SDDS...why a SDDS??? I merged the best of the PC Ult-V and the Eurotimez V5, believe me, it wasn't a straight swap. I finished it off with the correct "10" bezel. What [censored] me off was that not more than about a month later the 5.x version came out!

P1013624.jpg

5. The mythical 7206. It gets more attention than Megan Fox licking an ice cream cone! Well...not really...

P1013635.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics...but it's way past my bed time and my artistic juices are slowly dwindling!!!

Chi, we don't get to see that 6538 often enough. Beautiful!

OK, here we go. Unfortunately, the light didn't cooperate today, so all photos are old ones, reheated. In reverse order:

5. Hanhart Fliegerchronograph by Poljot

One of my first dream watches was a TAG-Heuer Targa Florio that I saw through a shop window. This notorious Poljot quenched my thirst for a 1930s-style dual-register pilot chrono, especially after a Goin relume, and the replacement of its flat glass with an acrylic dome. It draws the occasional "Nazis are bad!" comment, so I'm still on the lookout for a Lemania monopusher.

1021255547_LtKeJ-L.jpg1021256629_5xF5j-L.jpg

967317266_dD8GF-L.jpg

4. DSN 082

My first and still my only Panerai, despite the constant temptation from you lot. It probably gets the most "Is it a gen?" comments out of all my watches, despite zero mods. (Unless searching for a branded titanium thumbnail buckle for months counts as a mod.) The Gunny strap gives it a great presence on the weekends.

1021260719_uXA2E-L.jpg

1021260737_kMXdV-L.jpg

977087561_CGVNE-L.jpg

3. Omega Seamaster 300 Franken

A lot of luck fell my way when I happened upon the auction of this "Vietnam fake" with hours to go, and I managed to pick it up for a great price. A few hundred dollars of Omega parts later, and it quickly became one of my favorites. I may still be taking this project to its logical conclusion and "going legit", so to speak.

990686302_QVhMJ-L.jpg

1021263515_hWoHy-L.jpg1021255486_BYo6w-L.jpg

2. DW 6263

Never have I had a rep as difficult as this one. It took a month before I could get a decent dial (but what a dial!) and another three months before it was running reliably enough for me to travel with it. But it was worth the time and sweat, because it is a stunner. I also lucked out in the way this 6263 meshed with my fascination with vintage Tropic rubber straps to create a very distinctive look.

859582488_4zba9-L.jpg

963622343_Kb245-L.jpg

1. 1016 Space-Dweller Franken

The highlight of my rep "career", the culmination of an obsession, and a wonderful collaborative project with ChiMan12 and jmb. I'll give you this watch when you take it from my cold, dead wrist. Or I sell it for $40,000 on a bogus eBay auction! :p

958286398_Zk2Wb-L.jpg

987977239_2Wwj8-L.jpg

I know... it's hard to imagine! Not only is it my token Panerai, but it's one of just three 'modern' watches in my collection, with the others being an IWC GST and an Asian Steelfish.

Now, I would like to call on two from Texas to show their wares: jmb and alligoat, COME ON DOWN!!!

I don't know how I've missed this thread...

Hard to choose from but more or less here my 5 favs:

1665 double red Mk3... my daily beater ;)

1665bullishot.jpg

1680 open 6 "tutto coevo"

IMG_0394.jpg

6239 lumi dial

Jacob6239_2.jpg

5065 aquanaut

Llevo_pp5065-1.jpg

Jaeger NSA, this is my return to big watches... love the experience and now moving to pre-something pams :whistling:

NSA_BlackV.jpg

OK, my "Fav Five" just for M...

My two Tudor Prince Date Chronos:

PDC_BMW 5.JPG

Blue 2.JPG

My Rolex Air-King franken:

Air-King 1.JPG

My Rolex Oyster Perpetual "Fanken Lite":

Finished 2.JPG

And My Tudor Prince Oysterdate "Franken Lite"

Prince Oysterdate 1.JPG

And, honorable mention goes to my Fantasy Tudor based on a home-brew copy of the Rolex 1530 case. It's not really one of my favorites to wear but I really like the styling and I probably have the most work/labor invested in it:

Fantasy Tudor 3.JPG