When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on a TT Sub

tr4driver

I prefer the blue TT much much more over the black. The plated straps are too thin. I own a TWB, some people said it is a late model MBW but I am not 100% certain, anyway beautiful watch solid gold end link midlinks was advertised to me but the midlinks are all plated. I have never worn the watch and just by keeping it clean, the plating is already thin and I've been extremely careful.

But you can always buy a 14k strap on ebay for a few hundred bucks, problem solved.

Rehaut on TT subs tend to be too shallow btw. I'd be able to spot a rep sub pretty fast due to the variants of rehaut depth out there now. But I was never very overly concerned about it on my watch. I just wanted a good finish, nice pearl, correct dial, and midlinks that were gold all around. I have owned 4 subs before I purchased this watch.

you can also try to find the old version MBK TT sub model from trades forum. It has fewer flaws and what I like about mine of many years ago is that the gold plating seems to be much thicker than the current models.

Yep... been keeping an eye on the trade forum. Just never see a TT model come up.

Try Trevor, I got one from him w/ Swiss eta and 14k gold wrap and it's as close to gen as you'll get other than WM9 (I guess). I got a gen crown/tube and it look very good. Take from someone who bought and then sold 4 genuines last year, it's pretty good. And it only cost me $200 because I bought 2 watches at once.

WM9 is the best. The second best is the wrapped Noobfactory version REVIEW. That's the one that Criggs is referring to. Excellent!

I compared it to the MBK version and it's no contest... the Noob version is much more accurate. Only TT Sub that I can recommend (besides the WM9 of course).

Gold won't wear off from the wrapped version and the SEL is "full gold". The plated ones are crap.

This was mine.

55a.jpg

Yes it has the same rehaut depth as the Noobmariner. i.e too shallow. But trust me, from the front it looks better than the MBW version, which doesn't have the correct rehaut thickness. Here they are side by side.

comp2.jpg

I believe the MBK version has remained the same. They have just added the (bad looking) engraving. I wasn't too impressed about it.

Noob:

+dial

+rehaut thickness

+bracelet

+crown

+"ok" SELs (they vary because of QC issues)

-rehaut depth

MBK:

+clasp

+rehaut depth

-bad engraving

-crown

-dial

-terrible SELs

-too big date mag