When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC portuguese

glennpenn

I opted for a gen movement for longevity. The 3714 was a watch I'd always wanted to pick up, but the modified A7750 powering the rep was one that I was cautious of. When concepta offered a genuine 79350 for this watch, I knew this was the solution I was waiting for.

IMG_8015.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

If this movement is good enough for IWC to stick in their Portu Chrono and charge $6k for it, it's more than sufficient for my needs!

it sure is beautiful :wub: ...but wasent that awfully expensive

A second hand Gen can be had for about $3,000. Such a watch is likely to keep its value pretty well and will be possible to sell anywhere.

For better or worse, even the best Franken versions will remain reps.

I have a problem paying about 1/3 of the price of a Gen for a rep. Even though it looks like Concepta makes a beautiful and workable one, that is just too much relative to the Gen.

Edited by mbjoer

A second hand Gen can be had for about $3,000. Such a watch is likely to keep its value pretty well and will be possible to sell anywhere.

For better or worse, even the best Franken versions will remain reps.

I have a problem paying about 1/3 of the price of a Gen for a rep. Even though it looks like Concepta makes a beautiful and workable one, that is just too much relative to the Gen.

3K? It must be stolen then ;-)

Second hand prices are around 4500-5000 USD on Ebay, WJUS etc.

I opted for a gen movement for longevity. The 3714 was a watch I'd always wanted to pick up, but the modified A7750 powering the rep was one that I was cautious of. When concepta offered a genuine 79350 for this watch, I knew this was the solution I was waiting for.

IMG_8015.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

If this movement is good enough for IWC to stick in their Portu Chrono and charge $6k for it, it's more than sufficient for my needs!

R,

I did not know you have a 3714 project going too. what parts do you have left to complete the project? gen dials and hands again ala 3717? congrats man, that is a stunning gen movement. time for me to hit on concepta on PM! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There are many that work fine, this one does not, Ziggy wrote a great review of this and what would improve it, the seconds at 3 was great improvement on the modification design but it has not been applied to this, why dont you start a campaign of emailing all the suppliers to get this improved, but personally i don't think they care.