When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tue W/C

nakortheblue

I've been on a buying spree (4 gens in as many weeks) so this is my latest acquisition:

newrolex.jpg

1968 Rolex DateJust 1603 - engine turned bezel, non-quickset, slow beat 1565 movement @18,000 vph (my favorite Rolex movements ever are the 15xx series, preference to the 156x)

Delicious pie-pan dial to match my '62 Omega Constellation whistling.gif at least...that was my justification.

Just serviced by Rolex with box and papers... Baton hands were replaced at the last owners option at the service last year...I'll probably pick up a pair of tritium Dauphine hands and swap them out so it matches my 1960's OP 1002 :)

As to be expected, no change in my watch (although it's still keeping good time after it's little hissyfit a while back) but here's a new shot to show what I've been working on recently....

DSCN2948.jpg

Yes, on saturday, work will be commencing on my traditional Japanese bodysuit :yeah::victory:

The studio my friend/tattoo artist was at closed down, and, so as to not have to go back to working on pigskin, as well as trying different techniques, he said it would be more cost-effective for him to do my bodysuit rather than buying the flesh of swine :victory: As a result, I've been slaving away drawing up all the final stencils :bangin:

been on the wrist for 4 days...there's definitely more love for those you assemble...Z's c1/c3 mix is simply the best!... :)

just had to include a Syracuse Orange wristie...#1 Team College Basketball............this week... :whistling:

pampvd0014.jpg

pampvd0016.jpg

there's definitely more love for those you assemble... :)

Gotta include a Syracuse Orange wristie...#1 Team College Basketball............this week... :whistling:

pampvd0014.jpg

I really like how the PVD fading worked out, nice work indeed :good:

@TeeJay...thanks!...what started out as a question to the Panerai forum on what the heck to do with these ugly painted pvd dealer cases turned into a nice project...the finish comes out pewter in color and look...draws attention to the black dial...took 90 minutes to do - with cape cod cloth and sanding pad...easy as a snap and creates a really unique look...

thread with details and pix of the process here: hackR's pvd case refinishing post

@TeeJay...thanks!...what started out as a question to the Panerai forum on what the heck to do with these ugly painted pvd dealer cases turned into a nice project...the finish comes out pewter in color and look...draws attention to the black dial...took 90 minutes to do - with cape cod cloth and sanding pad...easy as a snap and creates a really unique look...

thread with details and pix of the process here: hackR's pvd case refinishing post

Any time :) I really like the finish, it's got a real 'depth' to it, almost liquid in appearance :) And, it's another option rather than just Ti, polished/brushed SS or PVD :) I'm wondering how it might look if you were to throw in blue hands Tantalium-style... :)

Any time :) I really like the finish, it's got a real 'depth' to it, almost liquid in appearance :) And, it's another option rather than just Ti, polished/brushed SS or PVD :) I'm wondering how it might look if you were to throw in blue hands Tantalium-style... :)

agreed... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

here's a pix of the case before i sanded it - the sanding does give its "depth" and dulls down the finish - which has a low luster sheen similar to the brushed ss cases...i'll need to do another sidebyside of a couple PAMs with it this weekend...this pix will give you an idea of how it looks next to ti and ss...more pix in the refinishing post... :)

R-

getatpvdcctant3.jpg

getatpvdcctant5.jpg

agreed... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

here's a pix of the case before i sanded it - the sanding does give its "depth" and dulls down the finish - which has a low luster sheen similar to the brushed ss cases...i'll need to do another sidebyside of a couple PAMs with it this weekend...this pix will give you an idea of how it looks next to ti and ss...more pix in the refinishing post... :)

R-

getatpvdcctant3.jpg

getatpvdcctant5.jpg

It's an awesome finish, I have to admit, I can see people following your example :tu: