When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh finaly did it! New 1665 and 1680 eith realy nice bezel and insert!

elprimerozen

I see the new Joshuas 1680 and the last 1665 with the eta 2846 slow beat movements and i realized that both these watches dont realy need a gen insert....and in the case of the 1680 also the plexi crystal is like the gen! So be aware MBW enthusiast!! xaxa! I think that these vintage rolies are the best out of the box reps aout there!

Please free to coment!

Yeah, nice. But crown guards are still way off. Probably easy to modify though... just take the metal off of the insides. I don't know why the rep factories can't make decent cg's (save WM9 v2 ->)

But I agree, OTB they're much nicer than the MBW versions. The red version looks ok too. The print isn't "spot on" or anything but it's much nicer than the MBW version.

Link:

http://www.perfect-hour.com/rolex-c-55.html

These look pretty darn good. And about half the price of a MBW. and to get the MBW close, you still have to drop in a 2846.

Lani, you said they used a genuine date wheel to replicate these, do I assume that the will have the correct color, flat top 3's, etc.

The red sub looks great i love these old 2846 movements they also look the part for me no need to upgrade to the gen vintage subs should have slow beat movement so this is a plus, and much better than the gold ones,i like it! and the price! are well mabe in a month or two i may buy one but got to finish a couple of projects first! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

with this economic crisis we all could do with a rep out of the box we can just wear without breaking our bank! under 200usd

after my 2500usd franken sounds great but first i have to do a tudor sub and an omega gmt!

Hmmm, that does look good, case construction is more like gen with the seal in the case back, is the crown a bit big?

Biggest annoyance for me is the yellow dial print :thumbdown:

Will a yuki dial fit i mean diameter wise?

I also see that the insert is realy nice placed inside the bezel..and gives a gen feeling to the bezel/insert construction. Also the sells are like gen and the spring bars are all the way in the case just like the gen! Well done!

Yes i agree with you there! well said Bravo!!!1! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, according to the description, it's actually 'doom plexi plastic'. :p

It looks like they have one that is a dome and another that is flat (top hat) but they use the same discription for both!

they overlooked it iv seen this on some sites before !

Certainly not a bad looking watch (the 1680) for the price, trim the cg's and maybe install a gen crown. Like highoey says, be careful with the crystal- it looks OK to me anyway, but trying to swap to gen could mean a new retention ring similar to what I had to do on the PT 1665. If you don't like the yellow lume markers, maybe a Kent Parks relume would be an option. I certainly wouldn't switch back to an MBW dial in this case- you'd end up w/ DW alignment issues and who needs the bad MBW red sub dial anyway.

It's interesting to note the 2846 is 'reconditioned'. ETA hasn't made those in quite a few years. Wonder where the chinese come up with a supply of those anyway

It's interesting to note the 2846 is 'reconditioned'. ETA hasn't made those in quite a few years. Wonder where the chinese come up with a supply of those anyway

Alligoat...would it be probable that they are from old Swatches or Swatches that were never commissioned? I'm quite positive certain Swatches came from chinese factories, even though they say "Swiss Made"

I see that you can still get them on CousinsUK either as a loose pack item or in the packaging.

I don't think the PT and the Josh 1680 are the same. The Josh 1680 crown position is low, just like their 1665, while PT's seem like it is in the proper position...more centered. I think I'll hold out for the PT version...

very similar to the trusty 1665 case reps but they dont have the 2846 eta movement, with my friend we bought 5 of these watches and all crystals except one had a crack along the base we had to make new crystals and install them with a homemade crystal retaining ring!