When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh finaly did it! New 1665 and 1680 eith realy nice bezel and insert!

elprimerozen

If you are serious enough about these watches to be concerned about the "yellow" markers, then you already know the zigmeister offers a custom mixed tritium re-lume.

So this is a non-issue

I would do it my self,

Alligoat...would it be probable that they are from old Swatches or Swatches that were never commissioned? I'm quite positive certain Swatches came from chinese factories, even though they say "Swiss Made"

I see that you can still get them on CousinsUK either as a loose pack item or in the packaging.

Anything's possible. ETA used to have a factory over in China, maybe around the Hong Kong area. These watch movements are still available, they're just not as readily available as they once were with ETA's new policies of limiting sales to non-ETA companies.

Anything's possible. ETA used to have a factory over in China, maybe around the Hong Kong area. These watch movements are still available, they're just not as readily available as they once were with ETA's new policies of limiting sales to non-ETA companies.

I think its possible that they are (New)old stock and thats why they say they are reconditioned etas..can see them ripping them out of swatches.

What do you guys think of this one ??

We are taking things too seriously, ok i love to have an exact rep of the gen in every way but there are some nice vintage styled reps that are not exact replicas of the gens, but its what i call a "homage watch" i have some in my collection along with my few frakens and we should like them too especially the under 200usd i would wear this watch, most people that i have day to day contact with are aware of rolexes but know nothing about vintage rolexes ,i wear my watch for myself and not for others, so for me i find that vintage reps have very little attention from the public, i wear my 6538 bond spec franken ,a watch that was expensive to build and a watch i have wanted since i was 10 years old watching jb movies only to get remarks like why do you have that terrible looking undersized nylon strap, watch style is like your fashion wardrobe taste, it means everything to you ,it means nothing to someone else, so wear your gen,franken, and your humble out of the box vintage style rep and enjoy it!!! ok this watch has flaws as a vintage rep,but i like it!!!!

PureTime version is now available for sale. Three dial options. Lume color is more ivory/cream vs. Josh version. Submariner textt ever so slightly smaller (better). Same price $198.

Guys, I think these are essentially the same watches. Pictures can vary depending on how you shoot them. I think that Angus has better picture taking skills, but they are the same watches IMO. Can't wait for an MBW vs Cartel comparison review.

dial says "swiss made" instead of tritium amount, if it were a service dial it would have white markers, insert and case depth look off, crown looks odd as well..doubt a gen tropic would fit this case

Is this one better ? Still love the 5153 even with its flaws !

rolex102019a.jpg

We are taking things too seriously, ok i love to have an exact rep of the gen in every way but there are some nice vintage styled reps that are not exact replicas of the gens, but its what i call a "homage watch" i have some in my collection along with my few frakens and we should like them too especially the under 200usd i would wear this watch, most people that i have day to day contact with are aware of rolexes but know nothing about vintage rolexes ,i wear my watch for myself and not for others, so for me i find that vintage reps have very little attention from the public, i wear my 6538 bond spec franken ,a watch that was expensive to build and a watch i have wanted since i was 10 years old watching jb movies only to get remarks like why do you have that terrible looking undersized nylon strap, watch style is like your fashion wardrobe taste, it means everything to you ,it means nothing to someone else, so wear your gen,franken, and your humble out of the box vintage style rep and enjoy it!!! ok this watch has flaws as a vintage rep,but i like it!!!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

This is my out of the box red sub! again not a perfect rep! post-27094-12701489105_thumb.jpg post-27094-127014911005_thumb.jpg post-27094-127014928819_thumb.jpg the thing that i wish is they would tone down this yellow colour its too bright i would prefer a pastel white with a creamy tint!

Just for fun i adjusted the colour slightly for the next photos post-27094-127014936263_thumb.jpg

post-27094-127014943646_thumb.jpg i was not pleased when i recieved this watch i ordered a white background date wheel

and the description said it was the best magnification cyclope! i dident find the date mag correct and as a result put this watch in a drawer and never wore it! but now i have started to wear it despite its flaws and its a perfect time keeper too!

Edited by aeromatic

This is my out of the box red sub! again not a perfect rep! post-27094-12701489105_thumb.jpg post-27094-127014911005_thumb.jpg post-27094-127014928819_thumb.jpg the thing that i wish is they would tone down this yellow colour its too bright i would prefer a pastel white with a creamy tint!

Just for fun i adjusted the colour slightly for the next photos post-27094-127014936263_thumb.jpg

post-27094-127014943646_thumb.jpg i was not pleased when i recieved this watch i ordered a white background date wheel

and the description said it was the best magnification cyclope! i dident find the date mag correct and as a result put this watch in a drawer and never wore it! but now i have started to wear it despite its flaws and its a perfect time keeper too!

Just to clarify, this is not the new offering but something else you had already, right?

Just to clarify, this is not the new offering but something else you had already, right?

You are correct! joshs new offering is similar to trustys newer series 1665 comex and seadwellers they are great cases but have a dummy helium escape vave and some have had cracked crystal issues out of 5 watches 4 have had this problem and we had to replace the crystals to make the watches water resistant this was on the superdome cases. josh has a better bezel insert and pearl .and the great 2846 eta.

Edited by aeromatic

Why are they repeatedly refusing to make a decent 1675 GMT Master replica? It would sell much more than these combined.

rolex_gmt.jpg

Plain' basic vintage Tudor Submariner would be a good seller too (if done properly).

33366.jpg

I wouldn't go overboard with the vintagized hour markers... they tend to be too yellow on these reps.

I ve just received a ft 1st red sub from Josh. I must say it looks good for the price. I will post take some pics and post this evening when I get home from work. So far it looks good apart from the crown guard, the fat crown and the yellow markers on the dial.

I was just looking at Wolfs for sale post hereand in particular this picture here

gwsd1665-2.jpg

something about it looks a bit odd to me it may be the sharpness of all the angles and edges or it is that it is too flat, that there is not enough curvature to the bottom of the case????

Just got my 1680 Red Sub 2846 from Josh, Its Ok, BUT the bracelet feels real cheap, Crown way to big, and of course CGs too big, the case, crystal are ok, just need to change the bracelet and do the CGs and replace Crown. Oh and the bezel turns both ways, and dosent click. Ok for the Money/

Just got my 1680 Red Sub 2846 from Josh, Its Ok, BUT the bracelet feels real cheap, Crown way to big, and of course CGs too big, the case, crystal are ok, just need to change the bracelet and do the CGs and replace Crown. Oh and the bezel turns both ways, and dosent click. Ok for the Money/

That is the way they are supposed to feel :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 5 months later...