When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What watches actually get most wrist time?

gran

Post here the 3 watches that you have actually been using the last year or two!!!!! measured in actual wrist time that is

Obviosuly if its only one or two watches that are used regularly you can post those as well... :drinks:

It is strange I want this and that watch....but some only gets time in the winder or worse just a space in a box or drawer :(

I have had many many reps in my time and of these 20 are still with me..... :rolleyes:

Out of all of these these are the 3 that have gotten most wrist time the last two years :wub:

grans3favorites.jpg

three2.jpg

I would say it's been these three (in various forms of completion)

DSCN3083.jpg

The thing I like most about them, is they're a little break from the norm of the usual suspects when it comes to Lexs :) And the fact that the dial graphics were from an awesome guy, also gives a lot of sentimental value, thanks again, R :drinks::victory:

I would say it's been these three (in various forms of completion)

DSCN3083.jpg

The thing I like most about them, is they're a little break from the norm of the usual suspects when it comes to Lexs :) And the fact that the dial graphics were from an awesome guy, also gives a lot of sentimental value, thanks again, R :drinks::victory:

TeeJay I have a question :g: Do you like Tudor's :D Nice pieces man just having some fun with my bud. :)

These three get all the use, because they're thin and so doggone durable and useful. Of the three, the 1665 gets 95% of the use... I've always got her on my wrist it seems, I've sort of migrated toward her from the Sub the last year or so.

trio_sm.jpg

I was going through my photobucket account and looking at the pictures, and realized my tastes really have changed through the years.

The watch I wear the most now, is a Gen Ti Seawolf, and looking at the rep of it I had prior, why in the dickens did I ever settle for that rep?

thats a very nice IWC right there, did you change the strap?

I did...original strap all worn out...took the strap from my very first replica and AP JA and transpalnted onto it :)

TeeJay I have a question :g: Do you like Tudor's :D Nice pieces man just having some fun with my bud. :)

:lol: I know you're just busting my balls, amigo :drinks: I'm a big fan of Tudors... They not only have the 'stealth factor' of not being Rolex, but the dials have more variety and are more 'readable' than the regular Sub dials :)

Hey great topic! You made me think hard about it... I actually wear my Moon watch gen and Orange Monster the most but...

For reps its actually the ones with plainer stylings that I wear the most:

The ziggified Josh Ult 316 DSSD:

dssd-31f-10-wrist.jpg

and the (is it considered a super-rep yet?) awesomely cool SOH non-chrono:

wrristfront.jpg

And when i first got this this I wore it for like 3 months straight, so it has to get a mention, the TT MBL:

MBL.jpg

As for rep watches, I like my BCE, TT BCE, Skyland and SOSF. The BCE, Skyland and SOSF were sent for service and gen dial installs, so I am wearing the TT most of the time. It's not considered to be exact replication, especially the date wheel font, case number and the SS bezel bezel I just installed (replaced the TT bezel which doesn't center well), but I still like it. The rep v2/v3 SS bezel is tighter to rotate and gives very solid clicks. If I can't find an updated datewheel in the future, I will keep wearing it. I've been eying on a SOH and Pam 199 ultimate. These might be something I'd like to purchase in the future.

For gen watches, I like my Seamaster, Planet Ocean. Someday I want to own a gen BCE and a titanium Avenger.

IMG_0308.jpg

My Speedy and Longines Diver get the most wrist time. I love my reps, but I love those gens just that little bit more. That, and I want to get my money's worth!

But these are the top 3 among my reps. The 6263's had a strong showing in 1Q10, I'm not wearing the Blancpain as much as I did last year, while the 1016's a constant companion:

841466580_q9rBT-X3.jpg

These three are top of the list for the true daily beaters.

This 2254.50 Seamaster Pro with gen hands, gen rubber strap/ssdeployment is pretty much daily wear.

post-22-127169915223_thumb.jpg

Rubber straps appeal to me quite a bit. My Jumbo PP Aquanaut actually gets more compliments on looks that almost any other. Super light weight on the wrist. It too, gets a lot of wrist time on a regular basis.

post-22-127169904948_thumb.jpg

And of course my EL V1 #1 IWC Pilot Chrono competes with these guys on a pretty normal rotation.

post-22-127169901194_thumb.jpg

Funny how so many of my collection just sits and waits for attention. These three pieces to me, are real work horses and are appropriate wear in so many situations. Mostly they are hearty pieces that can take the occasional knock. Great daily wear watches.