When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Side by side comparison of a legit Planet Ocean and a quality fake...

ongck77

what a poor review. He missed the most obvious details (Omega logo, pearl, dial color, seconds hand tip color, lume, and the list goes on) and highlighted incorrect things like the AR (not that the UPO has a great AR but it is double AR).

What a useless review but again most gen owners know very little about watches to begin with. The rep community is much more technically savvy than those guys that barely know how to operate their timepieces.

what a poor review. He missed the most obvious details (Omega logo, pearl, dial color, seconds hand tip color, lume, and the list goes on) and highlighted incorrect things like the AR (not that the UPO has a great AR but it is double AR).

What a useless review but again most gen owners know very little about watches to begin with. The rep community is much more technically savvy than those guys that barely know how to operate their timepieces.

+1 Most of the people I know that own high end timepieces have them so as to make a statement. Same go's for those you have BMW/Benz, It's about making a statement, not the passion and love of the hobby. Most gen owners I know barley know how to set the time on there expensive Swiss made timepiece, and thats no joke. :unsure:

Actually the UPO doesn't have double AR. it has single sided inner AR. It happens to be VERY noticeable when next to the gen. Apart from AR.. his observations weren't very sharp and missed some HUGE glaring errors like you mentioned! :pardon:

He did the comparison using the version of this watch that contains the Asian 21J movement as opposed to the nicer movement that actually runs at 28800.

Also, a lot of the noted shortcomings seem to be missing in the latest version of the reps.

The AR coating can be removed from the outside of the crystal on the rep really easily,,,

Hey, that's my vid :thumbsupsmileyanim: The 21,6 movement is the PO from Narikaa, and the 28,8 movement is from Sead

and I guess the genuine OMEGA should have 25.200bph?..or..?

Correct. If you concentrate, you should be able see the difference in beats.

And if you concentrate REALLY REALLY HARD, you can make that second hand stop!

:1a::1a::1a::1a:

Newer knew you were the new age type ;)

well with this guy houndoggie telling them our wee secrets and talking about happy feet and Frankens i think he must be from one of our forums....Boooooo! houndoggie thumbdown.gif

Obviously they just like we are tempted by Frankens

If the knowledge is ther it will be spread..but I agree that we should keept it within our own circle..gen for gen, rep for rep, and franken for frankens

I thought the gen is a co-axial modified 2892 which should be 28800 bph.

yes I have read the same.... but it seems like OMEGA has found that 25.200 is more reliable and power reserve certainly is longer..less wear on movement...so maybe it is better with a slower beat?

The old great OMEGA movement with the long lasting famous OMEGA calibres have 19.800 or so beat....

yes I have read the same.... but it seems like OMEGA has found that 25.200 is more reliable and power reserve certainly is longer..less wear on movement...so maybe it is better with a slower beat?

The old great OMEGA movement with the long lasting famous OMEGA calibres have 19.800 or so beat....

Yes, I have three vintage Omegas, Calibers 562, 601, and 561. These watches are around 45 to 50 years old. One runs at about 3 seconds off per month. (yes, per month!!!!!!) It all depends on how I place it on my nighttable overnight.

Just read up on this. The original Calibre 2500 is 28000bph like the 2892 but supposedly was found running too fast for the co-axial escarpment so they updated to Calibre 2500C which runs at 25200bph.

why call it 2500 if it isnt 25000 beat :lol:

I go to WUS sometimes. In fact, I don't go there very often now days after I've discovered RWG. Sometimes gen owners do make me feel that they are less knowledgeable on their watches. What's the point of spending the $$ getting a gen if you can't notice/enjoy all the wonderful details?! I'm really trying hard not to say anything on that thread, but I don't know how long I can hold my silence.

Other than all other differences people mentioned earlier, the one thing I have noticed between the gen and rep is the quality of the stainless steel. The metal on my ex-UPO (gave to a friend of mine) is a bit grayish compare to gen. This is especially apparent on the bracelet.