When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

They Coulda Made One if They'd Wanted To...

jmb

I continue playing with the idea of building a 1530 so after my experiment welding up and re-machining a case I decided it would be easier to start from scratch. I finished roughing one in today and the only "dressy" looking dial/movement assembly I have laying around is a Prince Date so I tossed it into the case. I must admit it's starting to grow on me...

I started with this:

case 1_sm.JPG

And would up with this:

Tudor Fantasy 1.JPG

Tudor Fantasy 2.JPG

Tudor Fantasy 3.JPG

LH, I had joked with Ubi about putting it on one of the gen fora as a heretofore undiscovered engineering prototype of a model that never made it out of the lab to see how many bites it got! :rofl:

I'm glad y'all find it interesting and I can truly say it WAS easier to start from scratch than it was to weld up and re-machine a Datejust case...

Welded up DJ case:

75_sm.JPG

LH, I had joked with Ubi about putting it on one of the gen fora as a heretofore undiscovered engineering prototype of a model that never made it out of the lab to see how many bites it got! :rofl:

I'm glad y'all find it interesting and I can truly say it WAS easier to start from scratch than it was to weld up and re-machine a Datejust case...

Welded up DJ case:

75_sm.JPG

:victory::rofl:

PS, if the welded up DJ is in need of a good home... :whistling: