When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics and thoughts on the new PloProf.

MilSub

I was just at the post office and picked up my new PloProf!

Here are some info for you guys:

The button is pressable but doesn't do anything.

The bezel is bi-directional 60 clicks.

The lume is perfect! The dial, hands and bezel all match in color and intensity and glow with a cool blue shine.

The clasp has micro adjustment that feels pretty cheap but it works.

The crown screws down nicely but feels a little wobbly and loose, probably due to its design.

The rubber strap feels like it is of good quality and has a faint smell of vanilla.

The bezel is black like it should be.

On my watch one of the 12 o'clock markers looks like it might fall off, it sticks up a bit from the dial surface. QC could be better as always.

Some pics of this beast:

pp1h.jpg

pp2ru.jpg

pp3g.jpg

pp4o.jpg

pp5c.jpg

Edited by MilSub

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your first-hand pics and first impressions.

I still like the watch and I am happy that the bezel will be black/white and not grey-ish like the dealers pic show it.

Mine has been shipped yestarday so it will take some time to arrive (I hope for mid next week).

Cheers and lets see some more pics,

Theo

Just greased the gaskets. I was able to remove the case back with my fingers, so if you get one, make sure to tighten the back before any encounters with water.

This watch should be fairly watertight but keep the crown screwed down tight. The design of the crown system only seals the watch when the crown is screwed down. At least as far as I could tell from looking at it.

Three more pics for you guys:

pp6y.jpg

pp7t.jpg

pp8.jpg

Thanks a lot for sharing.

what about AR?

gen has double AR. this rep seems to have only single AR

regards,

Francisco

It's hard to tell. All reflectoins seem to have a blue tone, so maybe it's double AR but it's not even close to the double AR on my Sinn U1 rep.

Thanks for sharing MSub. Looks great overall.

Always wondered how the screw down crown works... Now I know. I have some reservations especially with how the crown/crownguard is constructed. Given the past track record of numerous stripped crown and tubes, how would you rate the quality of the crown and its thread (especially the pitch of the thread). Is it more robust that previous Omega reps.

Stripped crown and tubes scare the s h i t out of me.

Always wondered how the screw down crown works... Now I know. I have some reservations especially with how the crown/crownguard is constructed. Given the past track record of numerous stripped crown and tubes, how would you rate the quality of the crown and its thread (especially the pitch of the thread). Is it more robust that previous Omega reps.

I'd say the quality is pretty good. It's a little more complicated than a normal crown but it works well and screws down pretty smooth if you're careful. It doesn't feel like it wants to cross the threads but the extra crown guard piece makes it a little harder to operate.

I don't own any other Omega reps to compare it to.

Much thanks for the pics. Many of us have been eager to see it in the real world. And it does look better in your pics than the ones on the dealer websites. Congrats. Two quick questions. Do you think the orange on the hand and bezel is the right color? Does the left hand crown and crown guard cut into your arm?

I think it would go great with a mesh bracelet.... Anyone ordered theirs with mesh?

Technically, you could use the mesh to fend off shark bites and the clonker of the watch to bash the eye of the shark!

This watch saves lives :)

I'd say the quality is pretty good. It's a little more complicated than a normal crown but it works well and screws down pretty smooth if you're careful. It doesn't feel like it wants to cross the threads but the extra crown guard piece makes it a little harder to operate.

I don't own any other Omega reps to compare it to.

How about those guides for the lump of steel on the crown. I hope it not like all of this is hanging on the poor stem while you wind or set the watch? I mean, people were breaking stems with far less weight on it. Are the tolerances tight so it really stabilizes the crown when pulled out?

Dean

Intresting read...guess there will be lots of reviews coing in the next weeks :) ...and then ther will be the ultimate model coming soon? or is this it

Nice pics. Overall looks good. A bit disappointing that the button has no function. So as other have mentioned previously, I wonder how water resistant this can be made? Especially around the decorative bezel lock button. Any inclination based on inspection as to whether or not it will cause any issues?

Also, where did you get your from?

Treading that Omega route again, mate? :p